Build your vocabulary with Magoosh's free vocabulary game for your iOS device. Quiz yourself every day to learn the 1200 most important words!
• 1200 vocab words picked by an expert tutor
• Definitions and example sentences for every word
• Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced vocabulary sections
• Beat levels to unlock new words
• Track your progress as you study
This app gives you free access to all of Magoosh’s general, GRE, SAT, and TOEFL vocab quizzes. Sign in with a Magoosh account (or create a new one) to save your progress to the web. You can continue your practice online at http://gre.magoosh.com/builder/vocabulary
Created by experts
The entire wordlist is selected and defined with usage examples by Magoosh’s expert tutors, led by Chris Lele. He has been teaching the GRE for more than 10 years, runs a popular vocabulary series on YouTube and he’s also written an eBook on vocabulary. He is unbeatable in Scrabble, or any other word game for that matter.
Designed for fun and learning that really sticks
Each level you beat unlocks a harder one: more words and more advanced vocabulary. Words you don't know will be repeated until you master them, using spaced repetition which has been shown to be a very effective memorization strategy.
We're an online test prep company with a focus on teaching the GRE, GMAT, SAT, and TOEFL through videos and personalized customer support.
In addition to our online course, we blog about words, roots, formulas, grammar, problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and reading comprehension along with study guides and study tips. Articles from the blog have been compiled into 3 separate free ebooks with over 6,000 downloads. Check it out at http://magoosh.com/
More study tools
Search the app store for "magoosh" to continue your prep. Learn all the math, verbal, and writing you need to know for the test!
Have any questions? Please ask!
Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us. If you have any questions or comments, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-855-MAGOOSH and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can. If you’re outside the US, you can also reach us at +1-510-214-0212
“I didn’t have much time to prepare for the GRE, and Magoosh made it possible for me to succeed on the test in a short period of time. I looked at Kaplan GRE, Barron’s, and Princeton Review products, and I can confidently say that Magoosh was definitely the best.”
“The team is really great and actually cares about your score as much as they would care about their own. Simply the best.”
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For SAT Prep
If you’re a few years away from sat and act, then starting to review now with vocab builders and mental endurance builders is the best thing you can do for yourself. So far, I’ve found reviewing with all of the Magoosh apps and using the brain trainer app, Elevate, has been the best help for me. Both tools tailor to your learning speed as you improve, which makes for both an enjoyable, and extremely enriching daily study session! I would totally recommend using my of the Magoosh SAT and ACT apps on top of any other prep tools you might already be using. To get the most out of their apps and other prep programs in general, daily practice is key. That may seem daunting, but going through your SAT vocab, and essay writing skills and knowledge of English rules takes away 30 minutes of your day MAX!! I usually spend about an hour on all of my apps, though just for fun. Seeing yourself grow by the minute with their apps is so rewarding, and it will truly improve your test scores by mountains, I promise! Even if you’re in Class of 2023, like me, and won’t know what to expect on the ‘new and improved’ SAT, I would still prepare for it like any other year would. This is truly the best way to help yourself ahead of time, and it doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars! Have fun studying, y’all!
Great content, the worst user experience
I love Magoosh, it’s a great team with a lot of amazing material and best exam preparation sources. It has great content and I really enjoy its website . However, it has the worst Flashcards apps I have ever used. Both toefl and gre vocabulary Flashcards apps are disasters. Here are some reasons:
1. No back button: sometimes you tap ‘I knew this word’ or ‘I didn’t know this word’ unintentionally and since there is no return button you have to wait until you see that word again (if you tap ‘I knew this word’ by mistake you have to wait a a lot because that goes to the end of the list.
2. No word list: the best way to learn vocabulary is of course using Flashcards and not wordlists. However there are times when you need to have an overall view of all the words you have mastered, for example before an exam, to see if you have forgotten any of them. So a feature of wordlist is essential.
3. Stupid random words: the words don’t have a proper algorithm to be shown. When you don’t know a word and you tap on ‘I didn’t know this word’ after 1 additional Flashcards the app shows you the same word and then 1 additional word and then the same word until that word gets green. If you learn a word just now it must be some delay until the app shows you the word again. But the current algorithm causes the word to be green very soon and you don’t see the word again until you master all the words of the deck so that you can review green words.
Fun game that helps you stay sharp
This game is for anyone who likes to play word games but there’s a twist. It challenges your memory, keeps your vocabulary skills on point and helps you build one of the most important muscles of all - your brain! As we age we lose some of that speed with which we answer questions. We know the correct meaning of a word but sometimes we don’t take the time to read carefully and see how it’s being used. The multi levels help you to work your way up to the more difficult levels. If you play with someone you can compare answers and discuss why you chose the option you did. This game’s repetitive questions helps you to remember answers and the correct usage of words. If you have a competitive nature you will find yourself determined to find ways to stimulate your memory to make sure you don’t get it wrong again. Lots of fun and a great way to retain your vocabulary.
- 15 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Magoosh
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.