VocaLive provides singers and vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects, along with a range of tools to help you practice, sing and record. The effects can be combined into a chain of 4 processors and saved as presets. A collection of 55 presets is included to get you up and running immediately.
VocaLive CS for iPad comes with the Reverb effect, and upon registration the Double effect is unlocked. You can add 10 additional effects à la carte from a selection that includes Pitch Fix (for tuning or stylized FX), Choir, Morph, De-Esser, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter. Together these effects provide unparalleled creative processing power.
With VocaLive you can process your voice, sing along to any song in your iTunes Music library — its Voice Cancel feature lets you remove existing vocals — and warm up with helpful vocal warm-up tools.
Use the new 2-track recorder to sing over backing tracks, or expand the studio section (available via in-app purchase) to record whole songs.
With the optional Mic Room feature, VocaLive also gives you the sound and color of 20 classic and modern studio microphone emulations, for even more control over your vocal tone.
Ready to perform? VocaLive’s new Live Mode offers an optimized GUI specifically for live. See your entire chain at a glance, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format designed for the stage. Plus VocaLive offers an optional 4-track looper to easily create songs, harmonies and more on the fly.
For best quality, use VocaLive with IK’s iRig Mic range of microphones, from handheld to studio condenser mic. Or connect your favorite 3rd party mic using our iRig Pre interfaces. But you can also have fun with it and record quick ideas using the built-in microphone on your iPad or earbuds.
Control your virtual rig just as easily as you would a traditional vocal multiFX with new iRig Stomp I/O integration, so you can change presets, control effects and more right from your feet. Or go wireless with iRig Blueboard, a wireless Bluetooth controller for basic control on the go.
VocaLive also supports Core Audio and Core MIDI so you can use any compatible third-party interface or MIDI controller, and Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatible, letting you use it alongside your favorite recording or songwriting apps.
VocaLive CS for iPad features:
• Real time vocal processor + recording app
• 4-processor vocal effects chain
• 12 professional studio-quality effects available - 2 included
• Mic Room microphone with 20 classic and modern studio mic emulations*
• Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
• 4-track looper section*
• 2-track recorder (expandable to a full 8-track recording studio*)
• Import and play songs directly from your Music library or computer
• Voice Cancel lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
• Simultaneous multi-track recording
• Studio section (included with Recorder) with waveform visualization and editing, touch-and-drag looping, normalization, punch-in/punch-out recording, simultaneous multi-track recording support and more
• AutoFreeze (allows each track to have its own full effects chain)
• Live Mode shows you your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• 55 presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Audiobus & Inter-App Audio support
• Full version available
* available via in-app purchase
IMPORTANT: AmpliTube users can add the effects processors from VocaLive to their AmpliTube app using the “Restore my purchases” option in the in-app menu.
For more information:
What's New in v3.1.0
- iOS 15 compatible: Fixed a crash on launch on iOS 15
- Updated to latest Audiobus SDK version
- Updated GUI to support iPhone X and later, iPad Pro and later
Ratings and Reviews
What they don’t tell you about “free”.
I knew this app was free, so I expected to not get everything. I knew what I was getting was going to be limited. How ever, this app gives you less than what it shows. When I opened it, I saw one category and a small list of presets. This was to be expected. What I did not expect was that out of the small list of presets only one would work. The only thing that works this app, when it comes to the effects, is the reverb. That’s all you get. Period. So instead of giving you a few effects to try out, you only get one. Anything else is in app purchase. So the “free” part of this app is not quite as free as it seems.
Full Featured Vocal Recorder & Live Performance App!!!
I’ve been playing, singing and recording music since 1983 and over the years I’ve had a lot of equipment that has cost me thousands of dollars and this is something that packs a punch for a small fraction of the price! The only thing that I haven’t purchased yet is the looper, but that’ll come later. The only thing that I see at this point in time that needs to be updated is the (Files App) integration instead of the (iTunes Sharing) feature which is old! I’m really wanting to recommend this app for people doing live singing that can’t afford all the equipment that exist in the real world for this kind of output! Really hoping the developer continues to support this awesome app!!!
Beware of deception!
First of all, I own hundreds of dollars of IKM apps and computer software and have used IKM for many years so I’ll start there. My ALL-TIME biggest gripe is that IKM ALWAYS seems to require that “one more” little element missing for that sound you’re looking for. They thrive off of that AND it’s gonna cost you money. CHECK IT OUT! Go to the IKM App site and look at their “Total Bundle” offering...total, right? Nope! You look right under the “get” button and you’ll notice “In app purchases”. So it’s NOT a “ Total” bundle! They have cost me more money when they decide I need to upgrade my software (Sonic Synth 2 & the old Miroslav) if I want what I purchased to continue working. If you want quality no-nonsense plugins or music apps, Native Instruments, EastWest Sounds and others are superior and you get what you get AND KEEP what you get...no gold digging! IKM...I hope you read this and get a clue!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 311.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 IK Multimedia Production srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder $19.99
- PitchFix $5.99
- Choir $5.99
- All FX Pack $24.99
- Compressor $4.99
- Delay $4.99
- Morph $5.99
- Recorder + Studio $24.99
- Chorus $4.99
- Parametric Equalizer $4.99