VocaLive provides singers and vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects, along with a range of tools to help you practice, sing and record. The effects can be combined into a chain of 4 processors and saved as presets. A collection of 55 presets is included to get you up and running immediately.
VocaLive for iPhone includes 12 vocal effects: Pitch Fix (for tuning or stylized FX), Choir, Morph, Reverb, De-Esser, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter plus a vocal Double effect available via registration. Together these effects provide unparalleled creative processing power.
With VocaLive you can process your voice, sing along to any song in your iTunes Music library — its Voice Cancel feature lets you remove existing vocals — and warm up with helpful vocal warm-up tools.
Use the new 2-track recorder to sing over backing tracks, or expand the studio section (available via in-app purchase) to record whole songs.
With the optional Mic Room feature, VocaLive also gives you the sound and color of 20 classic and modern studio microphone emulations, for even more control over your vocal tone.
Ready to perform? VocaLive’s new Live Mode offers an optimized GUI specifically for live use. See your entire chain at a glance, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format designed for the stage. Plus VocaLive offers an optional 4-track looper to easily create songs, harmonies and more on the fly.
For best quality, use VocaLive with IK’s iRig Mic range of microphones, from handheld to studio condenser mic. Or connect your favorite 3rd party mic using our iRig Pre interfaces. But you can also have fun with it and record quick ideas using the built-in microphone on your iPhone or earbuds.
Control your virtual rig just as easily as you would a traditional vocal multiFX with new iRig Stomp I/O integration, so you can change presets, control effects and more right from your feet. Or go wireless with iRig Blueboard, a wireless Bluetooth controller for basic control on the go.
VocaLive also supports Core Audio and Core MIDI so you can use any compatible third-party interface or MIDI controller, and Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatible, letting you use it alongside your favorite recording or songwriting apps.
VocaLive for iPhone features:
• Real time vocal processor + recording app
• 4-processor vocal effects chain
• 12 professional studio-quality effects included
• Mic Room microphone with 20 classic and modern studio mic emulations*
• Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
• 4-track looper section*
• 2-track recorder (expandable to a full 8-track recording studio*)
• Import and play songs directly from your Music library or computer
• Voice Cancel lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
• Simultaneous multi-track recording
• Studio section (included with Recorder) with waveform visualization and editing, touch-and-drag looping, normalization, punch-in/punch-out recording, simultaneous multi-track recording support and more
• AutoFreeze (allows each track to have its own full effects chain)
• Live Mode shows you your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• 55 presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Audiobus & Inter-App Audio support
* available via in-app purchase
IMPORTANT: AmpliTube users can add the effects processors from VocaLive to their AmpliTube app using the “Restore my purchases” option in the in-app menu.
For more information:
What's New in v3.1.0
- iOS 15 compatible: Fixed a crash on launch on iOS 15
- Updated to latest Audiobus SDK version
- Updated GUI to support iPhone X and later, iPad Pro and later
Ratings and Reviews
Not working with Bluetooth or aux jack
I really love this app, but the fact that it's not working at all with my Bluetooth headset really hurts the rating. It also does not play well through the aux. It also gets glitchy when arming and disarming tracks, causing it to blast out extremely loud. Also, it's not working smoothly with GarageBand. I love the features inside this app and if these issues were resolved, there wouldn't be a rating high enough for it. iPhone 6s Plus 128 and IRig duo. I see great possibilities with this app. If these problems are fixed, I will be the best advertisement I can be for you guys. If there's anything that I can do to help, please let me know, because I want it to work right as bad as anyone.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
You guys had an amazing app that got damaged by updates and other stupid things you wanted to do. Then people who purchased the app couldn't use half of the plug ins from the update. Then everything was switched around as if we get an instructional manual with this app WHEN WE DONT. I've seen this app go from five stars to a three in no time. You've ruined a lot for people. It was fun and easy. Now your trying to go pro. Stop!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and feedback! The app's User Manual is viewable by tapping on Menu > Help.
Please contact our Support team with details on the issues you face, we are happy to assist. You can reach our Support team here:
Please update your app, VocaLive. I used to use this app all the time but it now experiences issues with other apps that have been more frequently updated, namely AudioMaster. This app isn't free and it would be awesome if you guys could make it user-friendly and modern again. Thank you. If you make changes I'll be glad to give a better review. This used to be a great app but it's become rather obsolete.
I'm downgrading my stars because this app is useless. It's not working with other apps because it hasn't been upgraded in forever ans the developers obviously didn't care to take our money and continue to give us what we paid for. What a waste.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to read of some troubles. It's not clear what apps you are attempting to interact with but it is Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatible. Please contact our Support team for assistance on your concerns:
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 197.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 IK Multimedia Production srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder $19.99
- Recorder + Studio $24.99
- Mic Pack $14.99
- Studio $19.99
- Looper $14.99
- External Control $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.