Are you too busy to read books, newspapers or favorite websites? Or maybe you have health problems that make reading difficult? If so, then you must try this app. The app can read aloud any text document, e-book, website or paper book.
Voice Aloud Reader - text to speech (TTS) converts text to natural sounding voice.
The highest quality text to speech App available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and now iPad!
Use iTunes to share files between your computer and the app.
Choose from 40 languages, listen in different voices
Supports the most popular text formats
Customize the font and the read mode at your own discretion
Change pitch, volume and speed of reading
Supports text-to-speech in the following languages:
English, Chinese, French, Albanian, Icelandic, Polish, Korean, Japanese, Catalan, Afrikaans, Danish, German, Russian, Finnish, Haitian Creole, Dutch, Czech, Croatian, Latvian, Romanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Serbian, Slovak, Swahili, Turkish, Welsh, Spanish, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Hindi, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.
• Bug fixing: the app did not read some PDF
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of potential, small issues
With some tweaks this could be a go-to app but a couple of issues limit it to 3 stars for me.
1. There isn’t a share feature from other apps. The primary thing that I want to do is read from web pages and to do so I have to manually copy urls from a browser and paste them into this app. Extra and unnecessary steps but not a deal breaker since it does perform well.
2. If you are reading something lengthy that you won’t be able to finish in one session, you better hope you remember where you stopped because chances are you will have nothing but a blank screen when you try to return to the app. Definitely need a way to save what you are reading to be able to return to it (and also the option to discard when done).
3. Keeping links active once a page is processed for reading would be very helpful for multi page articles. You do have the option to return to a version of the original page but again, extra and unnecessary step.
4. Include an option to “edit” the pronunciation of words and this could easily become a 5 star app.
Looking forward to future updates.
I tried to use this app to read a PDF to me from a link like the app says it could. But nothing would happen.
Developer Response ,
Can you contact me please?
An app with huge potential
I’ve been looking for an app to scan and read my college text books. Each book is 600+ pages, this app will save me from the nightmare of reading multiple books. I have one huge dislike that prevents me from using this app. One of my text books is divided into two columns. The left column must be read first then the right column. The voice reader will jump around the page making it difficult to understand anything. Please adjust the voice reader to be compatible with different types of books.
Developer Response ,
Can you send me a photo of such a book (App Store, contact developer)? I will try to improve the algorithm.
- Marcin Olawski
- 55.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Codeesteem 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Pro version $1.99
- Premium OCR 100 $0.99
- Premium OCR 800 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.