Voice Memos turns your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch into a portable audio recorder, making it easy to capture and share personal notes, family moments, classroom lectures, and more. Editing tools like trim and replace let you fine-tune your recordings. And with iCloud support, you can capture audio on the go with your iOS device, then use your Mac to do even more with your recordings.
• Record using the built-in microphone, a Bluetooth headset, or a compatible external microphone.
• Choose compressed or uncompressed audio formats.
• Automatically name recordings based on your location.
• iCloud support to keep your recordings and edits in sync across all your devices.
• Pinch-to-zoom for more precision when editing.
• Trim your recordings to save just the portion you want.
• Replace and resume to fine-tune your recordings.
• Enhance Recording reduces background noise and room reverberation with a single tap.
• Quickly find recordings with the search feature.
• Folders make it easy to organize your recordings.
• Mark recordings as Favorites so you can quickly access them later.
Listen and share
• Speed up or slow down playback of your recordings, or jump 15 seconds forward or back.
• Skip Silence analyzes your recordings and automatically skips over gaps in your audio.
• Share multiple recordings at once via AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and more.
Voice Memos for Apple Watch
• Capture new recordings right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• Listen to your most recent recordings through the built-in speaker on Apple Watch or connect a bluetooth device.
• Rename recordings with Dictation or Scribble.
Ratings and Reviews
Changing from very helpful to could use help
Developer help please. Is there a way to edit thee memo to share it with someone when file is to long..??
I have learning more and more creative ways to use this app. I can leave voice text for people. Which is awesome because I have a little bit of shake starting in my hands and I have bad wrists and all sorts of stuff so typing on a small pad bothers me but I’ve learned my dog wines and carry on and it’s so supersensitive I don’t have to put it close to him and it still picks it up the only thing I would like is to be able to share it with Facebook. I’m part of the group called what to dogs think and I’ve got a very funny one about him in a bath thanks
I need to report an issue and it seems like it’s been problematic to other users but I happen to notice that some of my recordings have been returning no audio sound. This has been an existing issue and I believe it has not been addressed as of yet. I notice only the saved recordings where the pause/resume button was used, no sound present. Please do investigate this because it is very concerning and I use all I use the voice recording for work and personal use. I currently have about 3 to 5 recordings that I can’t listen to on my IPAD because the audio has been disabled. It seems to me that the issue is deriving from the pause/resume button just for the simple fact that all my other recordings that did not have any interference were just straight through recordings and so when I go and play them back I have no issues, I can hear the audio perfectly. And if this is being worked on can someone reach out to me and provide an update that would be great
Speech to text
Given that the iPhone offers voice memos and voice to speech capabilities, it seems to me the that the trivial task of connecting these two services is totally worth it. I would use the voice memo app to record something while I’m out and I don’t have unlimited battery or internet connection, and process it to text once I get home.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.