Voice4u AAC 4+
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Voice4u is picture-based communication app for those who have speech speech challenges. There could be countless reasons of why individuals may be struggling with impeding communication; autism, stroke, language barrier, traumatic brain injury, and etc. It can be a frustrating process for both the struggling individual, and the ones around him/her. Unlikely from conventional AAC communication devices, Voice4u is portable, customizable, and easy-to-use communication tool. With Voice4u, you can easily bridge the communication gap and have a more better and accurate understanding of the individual’s wants and needs. It comes with numerous of vivid and memorable specially designed images that can help assist and improve language. In addition, you can create as many as icons you need using your own photos and voice. In case you can’t record voice, Voice4u can generate voices for you in 30+ languages.
The app is developed through collaboration with professionals, such as, speech language pathologists, special education teachers, parents of special needs individuals, and researchers. Voice4u has been used in 100+ countries around the world since 2009.
----- FEATURES ------
- Over 180 symbols (icons), consisting of specially designed graphics and clear, easy-to-listen audios.
- You can add your own symbols (icons) as many as 10,000 depending on the storage space of your device.
- You can add a new symbol (icon) as fast as 5 seconds by taking advantage of machine learning algorithms.
- Voice4u can generate voice in 30 different languages (instead of you record your own voice).
- Switch Accessible: You can control Voice4u with Bluetooth Switch Interface from RJ Cooper & Associates.
- You can wirelessly backup your data and synchronize your data between all devices you own.
- Voice4u can be used off-line.
----- WITH VOICE4U YOU CAN -----
- Create a visual schedule
- Create a visual social story
- Be able to tell stories, explain an event or occasion
- Make and share delicious visual recipes
- Use for both adult and children
(1) Bug fixes: UI glitches, adding and editing icons/categories
(2) All features available for all users; we removed the premium upgrade, which was previously available through in-app purchase.
Ratings and Reviews
A great investment!
This app saved our family. We used to use a specialized device, but our son stopped using it when he became a teenager saying, "It looks
stupid. I hate it". It seemed like he didn't like being different from his other friends. However, Voice4u can be used on the iPod touch, so
when he went to school with it the other kids kept talking about how "cool" or "awesome" it was. My son seemed very happy. Now he uses his
iPod touch to communicate with his friends. He has a lot of fun conversing with others, showing his friends his app and talking about other cool iTouch applications. Thanks to Voice4u, my son has made a lot more friends, and really looks forward to going to school everyday, and feels bored when there school is off for the weekend. I
never thought this day would come! Millions of thanks!!!
This application has huge potential! In our case, our daughter has Down syndrome. Her speech is often unclear to others, she forgets words, and she gets mixed up between similar words. However, she's fantastic at identifying pictures & loves looking at them just for fun. This tool is a great way to help her both develop language and be understood by others. The main limitation for us, as someone previously mentioned, is that you can't create new categories - you're stuck with the 9 categories chosen by the developers. Once this feature is added, it will be much more customizable to meet the needs of individual users, many of whom may not be able to make use of the spelling of a word to find the word they need. If you could modify the categories, you could start out by making a really simple, limited category/vocabulary system for users who need that, and modify it to be more and more complex as the user improves in their language ability and skill using the ap. This tool represents an exciting new era, in which technology is "changing the picture" for people with disabilities & other challenges. Thank you!
Simple and work well
My little brother's been using Voice4u and he hasn't let go of it ever since he started using it.
It's pretty awesome and all the pictures are cool and easy to look at.
The system is easy to use and to learn (I learned the basics it in a few seconds! There's nothing complicated with it,) so I can help my brother with making icons instead of going over manuals and trying to learn how to type something into an oversized device that can't even pronounce anything the way we want.
It also makes carrying things around a lot easier. My brother's old speaking device was the size of a small laptop, and was immensely heavy and annoying to carry around everywhere. But now, since the device is compacted into the small iPod Touch, it's a hundred times lighter and also looks much cooler to carry around everywhere. (When my brother carried around his old device, everyone tried to take his device and tried to use it because it looked so "special".)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Spectrum Visions LLC
- 90.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Voice4u, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Voice4u Pro (Monthly Subscription) $0.99
- Voice4u Pro (Annual Subscription) $9.99
More By This Developer
You Might Also Like
Autism iHelp – Yes & No Questions SLP Edition
image2talk - functional communication app using real images
i Can Type - Sight Words
Sequencing from I Can Do Apps
Flip Writer AAC - Unique Supports for Speech, Hearing, and Complex Needs