The new way to access printed information for print and visually impaired!
VOICEYE is the smartphone application enabling those with print impairments to access printed information using a VOICEYE code on the printed material.
Information regarding the VOICEYE code on the printed material:
•VOICEYE can hold as much as two A4 pages of text on a 2.5 square centimeter code.
•There’s no need for a data or internet connection to decode a VOICEYE code, as the code itself stores the data.
•The VOICEYE App will use the phone camera to automatically scan the code and bring all of the text into the phone.
Just imagine! You can access any printed information that is around you with your own smartphone.
All education materials, all government materials, all books, notice boards in museums or libraries, in fact just about anything, once a document is produced with a VOICEYE code, any material becomes accessible and is accurately identified.
In South Korea, the VOICEYE solution has been successfully applied to schools for the blind, universities with special education, publishing companies, state-run corporations, local newspapers and others. The VOICEYE solution is very popular for Dyslexia and the visually impaired. The Korean government has adopted the VOICEYE solution on its official documents, such as social security information, electricity, water, local tax bills and so on.
Make your dreams come true with a VOICEYE code.
Scan a VOICEYE code at the top right corner of the printed material. You then have access to the book you buy, the textbook you study, utility bills and prescriptions, it will then be opened automatically on your smartphone and the text can be read aloud with TTS (Text-to-Speech) software like on the iPhone or iPad (voiceover), or with TALKS or Mobile Speaks.
The VOICEYE code is created by the VOICEYE Maker Add-In, which you add into MS-Word, Quark Xpress and Adobe InDesign programs. Quark Xpress and InDesign are programs for publishers.
1. Access to printed information
- Scan a VOICEYE code at the top right corner of a page.
- Text can be displayed on your smartphone screen in 5 high contrast text viewing modes (colored text) and read out the text with TTS like VoiceOver.
- 10 zoom levels in font size
- VOICEYE SmartPhone Stand
a. This is the aid for visually impaired people so they can find and read VOICEYE code with smartphone.
b. Put the smartphone on the smartphone stand and scan VOICEYE code at the top right corner of printed materials. It will be very easy and fast.
2. Voice Tag (Buy labels: http://www.voiceye.com/eng)
- Attach a label to the object that you want to identify. (documents, music CDs, food containers, etc.)
- The object can be easily identified by recording a voice message or inputting text.
3. Money Reader (Required payment In App)
- Money Reader instantly recognizes currency and speaks the denomination, enabling people with visual impairments or blindness to quickly and easily identify and count bills.
(Poor lighting will affect the scanning result so scan with plenty of light.)
- US Dollar, Euro, British Pound, Korean Won, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan, Thailand Baht (You may select and use one currency among the 7 on offer, currency can be changed at the time of set-up.)
- This is different from the independent ‘VOICEYE Money Reader’ app. ‘VOICEYE Money Reader’ app is available for download allowing users to quickly recognize currency.
- Provides 6 zoom levels
- 5 high contrast viewing modes to maximize text readability
- Magnifying various sources using camera or gallery
5. Text-to-Speech with Highlighting (Voice enabled by Acapela)
- In TTS mode, you will simultaneously hear the words and see them highlighted.
add ozviewer type decoding
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Itd b nice to have support for mexican pesos. Other than that its a good app
This is a wonderful app that I have ever experienced. But there seems to be several things to be improved in accessibility. Beside those things, it is fantastic!
I successfully installed the app, but it will not scan. I've tried two recent magazines of Ability. After troubleshooting I got an error that the app only works in the Republic of Korea. Very disappointed.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 99.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © VOICEYE, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.