Database of volcanoes upgraded
Fastest quake alerts and near-real time infos
Volcanoes & Earthquakes shows the latest earthquakes and active volcanoes on a map and as list.
You can filter the data shown in various ways, e.g. by magnitude or age of earthquakes, the distance from your location, the status of volcanoes and so on.
The original earthquake / volcano data can be found with more detail on www.volcanodiscovery.com. Earthquake data are continuously being collected and updated from multiple sources.
- Latest earthquakes as list and map
- Detail earthquake information
- Earthquake and volcano alerts
- Custom alerts for quakes near user-defined locations
- Alerts for quakes you possibly felt near your location
- See currently erupting volcanoes on a map
- Complete volcano lists by name / country / activity level
- Get most recent volcano news
- Volcanic Ash Advisories (VAAC) for fast lookup of ongoing / new volcanic eruptions with ash emission
- Recent earthquakes worldwide for up to 7 days (incl. magnitudes 1.5 or higher for many regions)
- Earthquakes near active volcanoes
- Plate boundaries on map (optional)
- Multiple data sources (more than 25 national and international agencies)
- Filter earthquakes according to magnitude, age and distance
- Earthquakes over magnitude 6 for the past year
- Submit / read experience reports ("I-felt-an-earthquake") (if an earthquake near your location could have been strong enough to be felt)
- Show "I-felt-an-earthquake" reports on map along with quake
- Detail information about each earthquake in list
- Smallest data format to save bandwidth
- Offline access with cached data
- added Pleistocene volcano database
- minor bug fix in quake list display
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for anyone interested in volcanoes
The live updates from this app are great and they sometimes give a more in depth explanation of an eruption whenever the data permits it. However, the app performance itself is a bit buggy at times. It lags a lot if you use the map feature for too long. Live updates sometimes don’t show up, forcing a deletion and re-download in order to get it working again. I’ve also noticed that there are no live updates being given on the currently erupting volcano in Iceland. You have to go to the main website itself for that. Hopefully an app update is sent out soon to fix all these issues, and this app will be even better.
I follow both EQ’s and Volcanoes for almost 15 years now and this app is by far my favorite for many reasons: it allows you to see volcanoes nears EQ’s - has a brief description of the current eruption/info and extensive info within a click or two- I get more, better described, current info here than with my other apps combined! Its also ahead of my other EQ apps as far as reporting/notification of EQ’s etc and shows quakes that my other apps don’t!
Volcanos and earthquakes
Having followed these events for the last ten years using USGS information I find this application to be very useful in getting news of events quickly. When the first worries about Yellowstone became alarming to people the USGS and universities shut down information from the live instruments. I will be interested in seeing if this app can provide all information.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tom Pfeiffer
- 31 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Tom Pfeiffer / VolcanoDiscovery
- In-App Purchases
- Volcanoes&Earthquakes Upgrade $4.99