Discover and listen to popular audiobooks with Volumes, powered by Penguin Random House Audio. Volumes provides you with the very best audiobooks across a variety of genres including fiction, mystery, thriller, sci-fi, history, classics, and children’s. Find top authors and your favorite narrators through our easy to use search interface. Listen to the latest from George R.R. Martin, Clive Cussler, Michelle Obama, Dan Brown, Janet Evanovich, John Sandford, Lee Child, John Grisham, Jodi Picoult, Randy Wayne White, Stuart Woods, and many more.
• Simple and easy to navigate audio player.
• Ability to share your content through Twitter and Facebook.
• Hours of offline listening with downloaded content.
• Access to audiobooks downloaded through iTunes and the Volumes app.
• Audio excerpts from thousands of titles.
• Optimized for Accessibility with VoiceOver functionality.
• Exclusive, free content from Penguin Random House Audio.
Minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not easy to get what I want
Here’s what happens: My notifications tell me about a free download but when I click on it, it only opens the app. And I can’t find the free download ANYWHERE! And, naturally, I don’t remember the title because I expected to be taken right to it. So I can’t search for it. And I can’t go back to the notification for the title because it disappears as soon as I click it. SO I open my email which also tells about the free download. I click on that and get an error saying it can’t establish a database connection. But now I know the title, so I go back to this app and search for it. But often I’m told my search found no titles and I should try another search. So I try the search several more times and it FINALLY brings up the title so I can download it.
Lack of player functionality
I use audiobook players all the time (Libby, Overdrive, Hoopla) and this one is lacking key functionality. Each time I go back to the book (even within the hour) the player is gone again. You have to go to your library, choose your book and then choose your playback speed again. Other audiobook player apps open directly into your current book and carry on playing your settings.
This app appears to be about selling audiobooks rather than playing them.
Needs a lot of work
Free app at least. I got it to download a free book offer I got in an email. I use other audiobook players Hoopla and Overdrive for free books from my local libraries. They are way better players. No controls on Volumes except pause and play. Weak. No fast forward or reverse, no speed adjustments, no display of time remaining or chapters. I saw a bookmark icon once now it's gone.
Developer Response ,
We are so sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing the audio controls. Please tap the player and it will expand to show enhanced audio controls (fast forward, rewind, speed adjustments, sleep timer, etc). Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Penguin Random House LLC NY
- 38.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Penguin Random House 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.