New York Hall of Science
Build 3D models of things you see in the real world, and explore the relationships between surface area and volume in a powerful and fun 3D modeling environment.
Educators can inspire learners to think in 3D space and explore concepts of surface area and volume as they build complex shapes from simple components. Join a community of educators making inspiring learning experiences with Noticing Tools.
With Volumize, you can:
* Take a picture of something you want to build.
* Start building on top of the picture with basic solids - rectangular prism, triangular prisms, sphere, cone, cylinder, pyramid.
* Add shapes on to each other to create complex creations.
* Pinch, stretch, resize, and move shapes.
* Add skins to any surface or entire shapes to give it a color, pattern, or image - put your face on a building!
* Choose from a library of colors, textures, or photos from the Camera Roll.
* Explore interactive diagrams that display volume and surface area nets that respond instantly to any change in shape.
* Set the scale in English or metric units for your picture to estimate the real volume and surface area. Re-set it to see how these numbers change.
* Share your model to other cloud services and apps through use of the Files app.
Ideal for middle and high school classrooms, Volumize and accompanying curriculum activities address Common Core Math Standards (CCSM) by integrating content, mathematical practices, and delight!
Volumize is one of the Noticing Tools (TM) from the New York Hall of Science. The full suite includes Choreo Graph, Fraction Mash, Playground Physics, Picture Dots, and Size Wise.
Noticing Tools were developed in collaboration with Local Projects, an award-winning media design firm based in New York. http://localprojects.net/
- New ways to save and share your performance
Ratings and Reviews
Good concept, poor excecution
This app is a great concept, take the picture of an object and measure its volume. The app gets frustrating because there is no undo button and it continually kicks users out. I purchased this app with several colleagues who have had similar issues.
Cant get past the "iCloud not available" modal dialog.
App won’t even open, maybe it’s not supported by the most recent iOS? I don’t know but I tried downloading it and opening the app with no success, twice.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- New York Hall of Science
- 25.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright: © 2016-2020 New York Hall of Science