Build 3D models of things you see in the real world, and explore the relationships between surface area and volume in a powerful and fun 3D modeling environment.
Educators can inspire learners to think in 3D space and explore concepts of surface area and volume as they build complex shapes from simple components. Sign up for a free account to access lesson plans, inspirations, and join a community of educators making inspiring learning experiences with Noticing Tools.
With Volumize, you can:
* Take a picture of something you want to build
* Start building on top of the picture with basic solids - rectangular prism, triangular prisms, sphere, cone, cylinder, pyramid
* Add shapes on to each other to create complex creations.
* Pinch, stretch, resize, and move shapes.
* Add skins to any surface or entire shapes to give it a color, pattern, or image - put your face on a building!
* Choose from a library of colors, textures, or photos from the Camera Roll.
* Explore interactive diagrams that display volume and surface area nets that respond instantly to any change in shape.
* Set the scale in English or metric units for your picture to estimate the real volume and surface area. Re-set it to see how these numbers change.
* Tell the story of your model with images, text, graphics, and movies.
Ideal for middle and high school classrooms, Volumize and accompanying curriculum activities address Common Core Math Standards (CCSM) by integrating content, mathematical practices, and delight! Online professional development courses are also available in October 2015 - learn more at http://noticing.nysci.org
Volumize is one of five Noticing Tools (TM) from the New York Hall of Science. The full suite includes Choreo Graph, Fraction Mash, Playground Physics, and Size Wise.
Noticing Tools were developed in collaboration with Local Projects, an award-winning media design firm based in New York. http://localprojects.net/
Updated for iOS11.
Fixed a bug that was requiring iCloud credentials before opening the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Cant get past the "iCloud not available" modal dialog.
App won’t even open, maybe it’s not supported by the most recent iOS? I don’t know but I tried downloading it and opening the app with no success, twice.
Looked great in the demo. Crashes as soon as I opened it. Please update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.