vooya is a player for raw (uncompressed and containerless) video data, most commonly used in scientific and broadcast/OTT environments, and has a variety of features which makes working with raw data easier for codec developers, signal processing experts, and film freaks.
vooya also supports image sequences in TIFF, DPX, Radiance and OpenEXR, as well as the infamous y4m (YUV4MPEG) format or AVI.
The most unique features are the magnifier for pixel-exact view, difference views and PSNR/SSIM-calculation, grid overlay to visualize blocks, offline conversion tools for rotation and deinterlacing, and synchronized playing of multiple video files.
Color spaces supported include YUV, XYZ, YIQ, RGB, HSV, YCgCo, ICtCp (with PQ or without), Gray, with subsamplings 4:0:0, 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:4:4. Data packing can be planar, interleaved, UYVY, YUY2, YUV10, NV12/NV21 or special formats like v210, r210, v410, yuv10, P010, P016, RGB565, RGB555 etc. and even floating point raw data image.
vooya is now backed with a powerful plugin interface.
– Added option to "open as" something, e. g. raw or some plugin
– Support ITP (ICtCp) and YCbCr w/ Dolby PQ as integer and floating point
– Nits nonsense is gone. Might return with a tone mapper.
– Subtle gamma conversion dropped. Might not return, whatever happens.
– DPX format: Fix a stride bug for 16bit and now also supporting packed 10/12bit
– Fix Drag and Drop on macOS Mojave (lower macOS versions no longer supported)
– Fix fullscreen display on macOS
… and inherent fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.