Most folks meet by seeing each other and think that’s enough. At Vorail, we feel sight is just not the right way to meet someone new. When you use the Vorail app, you meet people by their voices, their contributions to conversations and the questions they ask. No pictures. The true beauty of a person lies within and if you hear our voices, you’ll quickly understand. Come hear what you’ve been missing.
Vorail is controlled by gestures, not by pushing buttons. List of gestures at About page of http://www.vorail.com
Vorail in the news:
.. Dr. Mara Karpel & Your Golden Years ask the Vorail community about finding joy and happiness at http://drmarakarpel.com/sun-jan-22-vorail-com-social-media-app-global-visually-impaired-community-developer-tom-rosenthal-cellist-jen-mulhern-laura-gelezunas-puerto-vallarta/
.. RNIB App of the Month - Vorail (http://www.rnib.org.uk/blogs/technology-blog)
.. AppleVis Extra Scott Davert and Thomas Domville talk about Vorail at http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/applevis-extra-43-interview-developers-vorail
.. The Tech Doctor Blog and Podcast, Robert and Allison speak with a developer and a user of the new social media app called Vorail at http://dr-carter.com/podcasts/20160509withchapters.mp3
.. Randy and Jason feature Vorail on American Council of the Blind's Main Menu at http://acbradio.org/sites/default/files/archives/shows/mainmenu/mm20160610.mp3
.. iAccessVO Episode by Ed Plumacher and Brian Fischler chat with Vorail developers at http://traffic.libsyn.com/iaccessvo/iAccessVO-015.mp3
.. AppleVis podcast by Scott Davert demos Vorail at http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/get-talking-vorail-ios
.. Blind Hour Podcast with Tom R (Vorail.com) at https://soundcloud.com/blindhour/bhp109
.. "Social networking through voice rather than vision" (E-ACCESS BULLETIN)
.. "Vorail: Social Media for People with Vision Loss" (Second Sense)
List of gestures available at http://www.vorail.com/
Start and join conversations in voice with a subscription to Vorail:
• monthly subscription enables unlimited access for a month at a time. Listen to and record an unlimited number of questions and answers.
• annual subscription enables unlimited access and two free months. Listen to and record an unlimited number of questions and answers.
• monthly subscription is usd 4.99 per month, annual subscription is usd 49.99 per year.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Ability to mark content as shareable or not shareable from the post recording menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice but subscription, not so much
I've loved this app but I don't like this subscription stuff. I've used it for two or more years. You've done a great job in developing it. My only issue is with this subscription stuff. 60 bucks a year can add up really quick. Maybe you should allow people to use it but have fetures that are only available to subscribers instead of forcing everybody to pay $60 a year to be able to even use the app. I know you need to cover the cost for all of that stuff but please, let those of us who aren't fortunate enough to get that much cash to be able to continue to use it, especially those that have used it for a very long Time.
More upset by the minute
I’m sorry. I know I’ve already explained this before but. Why. The hel do you make us pay for this. So I don’t people can do social media without paying. So why should we have to pay. Why should we waste our time on their social media app paying four dollars a month. This is ridiculous. We shouldn’t have to pay to get on social media Facebook is accessible to me and if it’s accessible me to me it should be accessible to everybody else Facebook is better than this app and you wanna know why? Because we don’t have to pay a penny for anything.. And yet you’re making us pay for freaking dollars. Just to voice chat. That is the most idiotic thing that I’ve ever heard of. I don’t know why everybody else is in alarmed about this. This is not OK. This used to be my favorite app but when I heard about how they were going to make us pay I was just ticked off. This should not be happening in this world. We deserve to have free social media like everybody else. And I want to know why. Why. Do you make us pay four dollars. Just to voice chat. That’s all I want to know.. I want a valid reason why.
No serious intent to reach out to the non disabled community.
Claims to the contrary, the developers of this application appear to have made no attempt to reach out to those who are not disabled. I’d say this appears to run counter to the stated objectives of the program developers. Also the developers are socially inept and not as receptive to suggestions as they claim. For example, I have suggested that there should be a delete button for in box messages or at the very least that in box messages should delete after X value. Play with the app if you like but be aware that any suggessstions you are likely to make will fall on deaf ears. Finally, if you want non disabled users to be aware of this application then it falls to you to make them aware of it as the app developers have shown no such interest.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pixtas, LLC
- 19.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Pixtas LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Vorail $4.99
- Vorail Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Vorail $49.99
- Free Trial Annual Subscription $49.99
- Free Week Trial $4.99