VOX: MP3 & FLAC Music Player 4+
music cloud, audio equalizer
- Offers In-App Purchases
#1 Hi-Res audio player for Mac & iPhone. Music just sounds better!
Introducing VOX Premium – Your Ultimate Music Experience. VOX Premium adds a stunning cloud streaming features and unlimited music storage without a decline in quality. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library on Mac and iPhone in a way that suits you best!
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless (FLAC, APE, WAV, DSD, etc.) audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF, and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Manage your music easily:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and Last.fm databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones controls, and Apple Remote to control the playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use the Equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlists, iTunes Library, online radio and much more;
• Scrobble to Last.fm to keep your listening stats up-to-date;
• Play any song, any playlist you find on YouTube via VOX FLAC Player, put all your YouTube songs into one media collection.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud via VOX;
• Access the largest music database in the world and discover new tunes;
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
• Press CMD+U and paste any link from YouTube to play it in VOX. You can add it to VOX collections as well.
• Scrobbling for your music stream;
Radio access for VOX Premium subscribers (**NEW**):
• 30'000+ Radio stations categorized by genres and countries!
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools of VOX Premium:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Automatically Pause playback on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen with any of your wireless output devices.
• VOX also supports SONOS wireless speakers systems.
The beauty of VOX Player is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful Music Player with a ton of features and support for all audio formats you may ever need.
VOX Premium is available by auto-renewable subscriptions:
- $4.99 per month;
- $49.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after the purchase confirmation. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
VOX Premium terms and conditions: https://vox.rocks/terms
P.S.: FLAC Player, ALAC Player, Lossless Player, SoundCloud Stream Solution, YouTube MP3 Music, Hi-Res audio Player - check all of them in one VOX Music Player.
- Fixed Last.fm scrobbling;
- Fixed SoundCloud login window.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: found the problem, but still an issue.
UPDATE: I raised my stars on this app. Since I updated a while back to an 1 teribyte Solid State Drive to make my older mac run faster I ended up moving all of my music and photos to a different hard drive drive then what Apple wants you to put them in. It took downloading another music player app, and that one not working as well, but that app gave me the reason why, it was a “Sandboxing” issue. Seems that VOX and the other app can only access music if it is located in the music folder and no where else. SO this really wasn’t a fault of the VOX creators as much as an Apple security system, so I can't fault them on that. I would sugest that VOX adds some kind of pop up warrning about the Sandboxing issue too, unless they can over come this issue.
App worked great for a year. Then one day I hit play and nothing. I watched it go down the music list greying out every song like it could not find it. I tried to delete all the songs and drag them in again and nothing. I contacted the support and they sent me a reset program and instructions and it never worked. I tried to email them back and they never responded back to me. This was last year and I tried to download the lastest version today with the same results today. It was a very simple great music app, to bad it stopped working.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that! We are working to get a major update to get it solved asap. If you've not received a response on our support desk, it might be a spam blocker. Your mail is getting trashed. Please try contacting us - here: https://vox.rocks/support; here: https://www.facebook.com/voxapp/ or even here: https://twitter.com/i/notifications?lang=en We will provide you with an assistant in order to solve the issues which you are facing at the moment!
Really like the player but...
I pay for premium and i'm having all kinds of issues with album art. Whenever I add new albums without embedded album art, it just shows Alanis Morissette's album cover art for the album instead. I have the app set to download artwork automatically but it doesn't seem to do anything. If the artwork is not embedded, you're out of luck apparently. What is the point? Please fix this. I don't want to have to keep taking albums out and locating artwork for very common things only to have to re-add and re-upload, what a pain! Thank you so much, program is great otherwise but this is driving me mad.
I wish I had looked at most recent reviews before buying
I had high hopes. I wanted to upload my large library from my Ventura iMac and then play it between all of my Apple devices. It seemed simple and worth the money just for that feature. After getting the app and subscribing I found that when I open the app the Vox Cloud gets stuck on "loading library" It never does anything else. I can't upload anything. Some music files apparently somehow did get loaded at first before it locked up, but after weeks of trying again and again nothing else gets loaded. Nothing that got loaded at first shows up on my iMac's App. It just sits there trying to load the cloud until I force quit. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times but it still does the same thing which is basically nothing. To be fair, the app seems to load okay on my iPad and iPhone, but I have to upload the library from my computer so it's still useless for me. I had signed up for a year (because it was discounted) but didn't sort the reviews by most recent. If I had done that I would have realized that there are hardly any positive reviews over the recent past. I'll give up for now and leave my account open since I have almost a year left. Maybe they'll do a version update that fixes this mess.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Coppertino Inc.
- 43.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Japanese, Russian, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Coppertino Inc. 2012-2022
- In-App Purchases
- VOX Premium Subscription $4.99
- Radio $9.99
- VOX Premium Subscription $49.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription $4.99
- VOX Premium Subscription $15.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription $9.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription $10.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription $49.99
- VOX Premium Subscription $129.99
- VOX Premium Subscription $49.99