#1 Hi-Res audio player for Mac & iPhone. Music just sounds better!
Introducing VOX Premium – Your Ultimate Music Experience. VOX Premium adds a stunning cloud streaming features and unlimited music storage without a decline in quality. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library on Mac and iPhone in a way that suits you best!
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless (FLAC, APE, WAV, DSD, etc.) audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF, and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Manage your music easily:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and Last.fm databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones controls, and Apple Remote to control the playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use the Equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlists, iTunes Library, online radio and much more;
• Scrobble to Last.fm to keep your listening stats up-to-date;
• Play any song, any playlist you find on YouTube via VOX FLAC Player, put all your YouTube songs into one media collection.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud via VOX;
• Access the largest music database in the world and discover new tunes;
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
• Press CMD+U and paste any link from YouTube to play it in VOX. You can add it to VOX collections as well.
• Scrobbling for your music stream;
Radio access for VOX Premium subscribers (**NEW**):
• 30'000+ Radio stations categorized by genres and countries!
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools of VOX Premium:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Automatically Pause playback on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen with any of your wireless output devices.
• VOX also supports SONOS wireless speakers systems.
The beauty of VOX Player is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful Music Player with a ton of features and support for all audio formats you may ever need.
VOX Premium is available by auto-renewable subscriptions:
- $4.99 per month;
- $49.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after the purchase confirmation. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
VOX Premium terms and conditions: https://vox.rocks/terms
P.S.: FLAC Player, ALAC Player, Lossless Player, SoundCloud Stream Solution, YouTube MP3 Music, Hi-Res audio Player - check all of them in one VOX Music Player.
- Fixed 'Same as System' output option for non-English localizations;
- Fixed some VOXCloud synchronization issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: found the problem, but still an issue.
UPDATE: I raised my stars on this app. Since I updated a while back to an 1 teribyte Solid State Drive to make my older mac run faster I ended up moving all of my music and photos to a different hard drive drive then what Apple wants you to put them in. It took downloading another music player app, and that one not working as well, but that app gave me the reason why, it was a “Sandboxing” issue. Seems that VOX and the other app can only access music if it is located in the music folder and no where else. SO this really wasn’t a fault of the VOX creators as much as an Apple security system, so I can't fault them on that. I would sugest that VOX adds some kind of pop up warrning about the Sandboxing issue too, unless they can over come this issue.
App worked great for a year. Then one day I hit play and nothing. I watched it go down the music list greying out every song like it could not find it. I tried to delete all the songs and drag them in again and nothing. I contacted the support and they sent me a reset program and instructions and it never worked. I tried to email them back and they never responded back to me. This was last year and I tried to download the lastest version today with the same results today. It was a very simple great music app, to bad it stopped working.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that! We are working to get a major update to get it solved asap. If you've not received a response on our support desk, it might be a spam blocker. Your mail is getting trashed. Please try contacting us - here: https://vox.rocks/support; here: https://www.facebook.com/voxapp/ or even here: https://twitter.com/i/notifications?lang=en We will provide you with an assistant in order to solve the issues which you are facing at the moment!
Since last updates, i have a problem with playlists. When i import a music in VOX, the order of some songs will change.
For example, i have a album that ordered in track number. When in import it in VOX, track number 4 will go to top of the playlist. So i have to rearrange playlist every time.
I don't have this problem in older versions. But this problem appear in new versions, and new updates does not fix this problem.
Please fix this problem. Thanks.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for heads-up, this problems, connected with iTunes Playlists only and it will be fixed in nearest future updates of VOX app. As a temporary workaround, we would suggest using VOX, instead of iTunes - for creating and managing your music Playlists.
It never worked at all and support was a nightmare
I excitedly spent a day uploading 72GB of songs to the cloud from my CD collection. I didn't see any of it on my devices so I waited, thinking it might take a while to sync. After a few days I wrote support. Only about 2-3 GB out of the 72 showed up on my iOS devices and I wanted to know why. Could it be file types? Could it be some kind of error someone could help me with? Did I do something wrong? After 15 emails back and forth with Vox's support, I'm convinced I was talking to a bot the whole time. There was no comprhension at all of what I was asking. It kept trying to solve for problems I didn't ask about at all. I'm really disappointed because I see all of the great ratings and really love the promise of what it was supposed to do- but it didn't work. And tech support was like talking to a black hole. I've never written a review like this before, but after all of the time I spent writing tech support, trying to find new ways to ask the same question hoping they'd understand - after hours of uploading songs I was so excited to listen to again - I reached the point of writing a one-star review. There's a first time for everything.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kara, thanks for your comment!
We have checked the files that were uploaded to VOX Cloud and came to the conclusion - the majority of your music files has had no proper meta tag!
For example, if the track has no Artist input in id3 tags - it will get to "Untitled Artist" in VOX Library (VOX Cloud)You may just check "Untitled Artists" or "Unknown Albums" and you will see a lot of music tracks, you have uploaded, stored there! Furthermore - you can switch to "Track" view option in the Library view settings! OR edit the id3 tags with Kid3 meta editor or similar.
Finally, you can create a Synced Collection, using your macOS device. That will make your custom playlist (Collection) available for streaming using both iOS and macOS devices.
Hope it helps!
- Coppertino Inc.
- 32.3 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Japanese, Russian, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Coppertino Inc. 2012-2018
- In-App Purchases
- Radio $9.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription $4.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.