The Descent Device: faster-than-light travel at speeds no human should go; an alien mystery. But it only goes one way, falling from star to star towards the centre of the galaxy. Voyageur is a literary RPG where you take the helm of a trader-vagabond vessel, looking for adventure, wealth, and answers in an infinite galaxy full of procedural cultures and civilizations.
Assemble a crew of misfits to travel with you on your one-way trip to sail on seas of liquid methane, descend into the clouds of heavy-atmosphere worlds, and unveil the secrets of the alien life that created the Device.
Voyageur's world is full of diverse cultures and societies, inspired by contemporary science fiction authors such as Iain Banks, NK Jemisin, Ann Leckie, and Cixin Liu.
A product of Failbetter Games' Fundbetter initiative, it should appeal to lovers of interactive fiction and literary gaming, including Fallen London, 80 Days, and Sorcery!.
Version 1.2 (Planet Update)
- Added a bonus event; meet an old voyageur and listen to their tale of woe
- Added planetary quirks: ring systems, large moons, and planets orbiting gas giants
- Added metallic planets
- More planet description content
- Significant adjustments to the planet description generator to improve descriptions and make them more varied.
- Various bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple yet addicting and fun. Having the story unfold over time is awesome. And its just one of those "just one more turn. Just one more turn" games. Highly recommend.
Fun and challenging
This game makes you think about the choices you make. Also, I like visiting the different planets.
No save data
When I try to continue from where I left off it tends to restart everything, other than that I love the game
- Bruno Dias
- 33.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Bruno Dias
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.