The VR180 app by Google lets you set up and manage your VR180 camera right from your mobile device. With the app, you can see what’s on your camera and save or discard clips. It also tells you about your camera’s status including capture activity, battery charge, storage remaining, and more.
Here’s what you can do with the VR180 app by Google:
Set up your VR180 camera in just a few minutes
Transfer your VR180 content in seconds from your camera to your phone
View your VR180 content to select your favorite moments
Save VR180 content easily to Google Photos or YouTube or your phone’s photo gallery
Share VR180 content directly with your friends and family
See what your camera sees with Live Preview
Remotely capture VR180 content even when the camera is a few feet away
Adjust camera settings
This version contains bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
It works, but it lacks basic features
This app works as advertised but lacks very basic features. For instance, there’s no way to auto select and download new photos to the phone. Instead you need to connect to the camera and manually. select. every. single. individual. photo. and. then. download.
It’s very tedious, and if it gets interrupted you have to start all over again (doubling some photos, and taking more time).
Ideally it should work more like the Ricoh Theta app, which only downloads new photos.
Additionally, I’m having tremendous trouble establishing a stable connect to my Lenovo Mirage camera via my iPhone 6S. At one point this app just gave up and showed me manual instructions (for the SSID, password, etc.) I would be so grateful if there way to manually request this info.
Functional, but could use some work
This is the recommended app to use with the Lenovo Mirage camera. I was able to set it up, connect to the camera, install a firmware update, and view pictures and videos in VR (i used Cardboard viewer) from the camera pretty easily. You can also see a live preview of the camera and perform basic camera functions from the app. The app seems a little buggy though and half baked right now. I hope they devote more time and resources to make this app great.
Some of the minor problems I’ve run into so far:
- Streaming stutters for 4K video even when streaming over direct WiFi. Downloading the videos first works better.
- The app has crashed on me a couple of times. Usually when I’m trying to stream VR Video from the camera to the phone.
- There is no button in app to switch from Bluetooth to direct WiFi (for faster transfer) In order to do it, you have to turn off WiFi in your iPhone settings, restart VR180 app, and then reconnect to the camera. It then offers a direct WiFi connection via popup message. To my knowledge there are no instructions on how to do this in the app.
I think the app works OKAY but it could be better. I’d definitely would like a feature that allows content to be moved a little bit easier.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 195.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2018 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.