VRV is the premier streaming service built around fandoms. Enjoy a carefully curated selection of popular and up & coming sci-fi, comedy, and anime video content. Catch irreverent fan-favorite indie shows, watch the newest anime on Crunchyroll, and enjoy more quirky content. With tons of shows and movies you actually want to watch...VRV is fandom at your fingertips.
Enjoy titles from these channels:
- VRV Select
Join for free to view your new favorite shows anywhere. Go premium for an ad-free experience and offline viewing on your favorite iOS device. Now it's even easier to become premium with in-app purchasing!
In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to a monthly premium membership for any one channel (prices vary per channel) or subscribe to VRV Premium for $9.99 USD/month.
- Your iTunes Account will automatically be charged after you confirm your subscription
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 48 hours before your next billing date. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged the monthly cost of your chosen membership for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- A current subscription cannot be cancelled during an active subscription period
Terms of Service: https://vrv.co/terms
- This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements related to iOS 16.
- Users can now delete their account and associated data.
Ratings and Reviews
Big Difference Paid vs Unpaid
I had the free trial run and though i was sad for the lack of dubs i did still enjoy much of the service. I liked the “pay for what you want” model since im really not interested in anything but the anime and a few vrv selects. However, when i stopped my premium subscription and went to the ad based model, everything changed.
There are lots of ads (and almost alway the same 5 ads, which is itself a minor nuisance). But the number of ads isnt the issue the coding regarding ads is buggy. Sometimes ads will play over one another. Sometimes youll make it through the ad roll and watch 4 seconds of content before another ad comes on for no apparent reason. Sometimes the video youre watching resumes during the ad, you cant see your video but you can hear it. You also cant pause your video while this is happening because the ad is covering your video controls. If you attempt to touch the screen you’re redirected to the website associated with that ad. And worst of all is when an ad refuses to load, and covers tbe screen for 10+ minutes, and during that time your video restarts and you can hear the video but not see it and not control it, but this time the situation is worse because the problem is indefinitely long. All these problems have happened for me multiple times.
So if youre willing to pay premium for the content that’s there, great, if not, dont do the free thing until they get their ad rolls ironed out.
The good and bad
I’m normally one to never complain or do many of these reviews. So if your reading this then you can know this is my honest option. When I found VRV I was unsure what to think so I went and did the premium because I have been wanting the ability to download stuff videos I could see on the go. The no ads was a bonus. I have been using this app for about two weeks and have loved it. I found the app though a bit weird at first it was very geared to keep things separate and not throw everything into a pile to dig throw. It’s made finding some of my favorite anime’s and shows very easy. But being as I got this for the ability to download I for some reason being the bumbling dork I unknowingly found one big bug. Since I am on the move a lot with my blue tooth head phones find that every so often I am drawn phone is off in my pocket to un-pause it with my head phones pushing the button. Well if I do my Apple Music app turns on. And if I am to open my phone while VRV is on and I’m watching something I downloaded it will stop working all together I have tried just about everything so far the only way to fix it is to unload the app then re-download it I have tried to delete the shows and re-download them. That didn’t seem to work. So if you do get this app be aware of this so you don’t end up at the airport or on that road trip with nothing because Apple Music decided to turn on and break everything.
Lack of content
Been using the app for some time now, and at first I was satisfied. Moved from crunchyroll over, and was impressed by the line up at the time. But then as years passed, creators have been somewhat soft. I understand that there are limitations or boundaries, but why, and this is figurative speech, castrate artistic ability. There have been gems here and there that have been worthwhile and satisfying, but anime as whole should be limitless. It’s matter of escapism to tell stories, experiencing emotions, to create memories. Our opinions alone , are “our opinions”. They shouldn’t force a creator into a narrative they don’t want. People will agree or disagree, but in the end let not one person’s opinions be casted for everyone, but rather hear the collective of opinions from the actual people who go the mile to enjoy the content of the artist. I definitely see this app having potential if the people running it would not let their personal or political bias ruin it for the rest.
...Oh and some the functions for seasons of a series are not working (I.e One Punch Man). It says that it has three seasons, but only shows season one without being able to change it. Have yet to try on other viewing platform other than IOS, but an update or fix would be nice.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ellation, Inc.
- 78.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Ellation, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- VRV Premium $9.99
- Crunchyroll $7.99
- Mondo $2.99