The official mobile ticketing app from The Valley Transportation Authority! The VTA EZfare app lets you purchase and use fares and passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
• Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Choose rider type
2. Choose fare
3. Choose quantity
4. Check out
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the VTA EZfare app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Activate your ticket before boarding.
• Show your ticket to the operator of the vehicle
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
• Create an account before purchasing tickets, as this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets if you get a new phone. (Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use up any activated tickets before switching phones.)
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a great app to have when you realize you don’t have your clipper card or cash on you. I can only assume very few people not having their phone with them nowadays
No schedule or trip planning
To make this app worthwhile it should have the schedules and trip planning. I need to take VTA light rail into downtown. I’ve been directed to three apps so far. It’s shouldn’t be difficult. As a kid I knew the entire SanTrans bus schedule on the Penninsula. I’ve live in the South Bay for 22 years. Still can’t get an easy to read schedule.
Apple Maps did a better job of informing me, then I could backtrack on the app.
The app either shows the images of routes. Or the map. But not both together. If you’re not familiar with the stops you have no idea which stop is near your destination.
Works for me
The app has always worked and the transfer to the bus is a breeze. I haven’t had any issues with payments or anything. Pretty simple to use.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SANTA CLARA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
- 32.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright© 2017 Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.