VTech KidiConnect™ lets kids and parents stay close by sharing messages.
KidiConnect™ lets you keep in touch with your child even when you are away from home.
With KidiConnect™ kids can share messages using a compatible VTech toy. All contacts must be approved by parents before any communication can take place so parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is in a kid-safe environment.
NOTE: KidiConnect™ is meant for communication with compatible VTech toys. You cannot use it to send messages to adults or children who do not have a compatible device.
Why Use KidiConnect™?
• Stay Connected with Your Child Anytime, Anywhere. KidiConnect™ uses an Internet connection to let you communicate with your child even when you are away from home - anywhere in the world. Parents can also add family members and friends to the child's contact list, so grandparents can stay close too.
• Kid Friendly. All contacts must be approved by parents before communication can take place. Users who are not on a child's contact list cannot contact your child.
• Good For All Ages! Even the youngest kids can use KidiConnect™ to share voice messages, photos, drawings, stickers, and pre-recorded messages. And as children grow, they will be able to share text messages too!
• Group Chat. With Group Chat, your child can communicate and share with multiple family members or friends at the same time.
• It's Fun! You can customize your KidiConnect™ avatar with your photo, or choose one of several cartoon designs. There are also fun stickers and pre-recorded messages. Your child can even use the voice changer to record a robot voice or a mouse voice!
Please register your child's VTech device before downloading this app. This will create a Learning Lodge® Family Account, which one parent can use to log in to this app. That parent will be in charge of the child's contact list and can use this app to send or approve friend requests on their child's behalf.
The other parent will have to sign up for a separate Learning Lodge® account and be added to the family like any other relative.
You must get parental approval before you can contact a child. Once you've signed up for a Learning Lodge® account, send the child's parents a request to join their family.
* KidiConnect™ works with KidiBuzz™ and other VTech devices which support KidiConnect™ or VTech Kid Connect™.
For more details about VTech, please visit our website:
Ratings and Reviews
App is unusable, returning Vtech Kidibuzz to store
It’s literally impossible to sign up for an account for this app. Making the “messaging” feature of the Kidibuzz phone useless. After struggling forever to try and setup an account password (yes I met all their guidelines of lowercase, capital, and numbers. I finally got it to go through, just to tell me it could not let me log in and I’d have to reset my password. Tried using their “reset password” link and it never sent me an email to reset the password. It’s impossible for me to setup, and I was hoping I could get the grand parents on. If I can’t do it, they certainly won’t be able to. Luckily, I’m trying all this before actually giving the new unopened device to my daughter. So I’ll save her the heartache and return it to the store without her even seeing it. Save her the disappointment and me the headache. Vtech, get on the ball, read the comments and fix your issues.
Works as well as I anticipated
I was surprised to see all of the negative reviews! I bought this for my daughter for Christmas and we haven’t had any real issues with the app. It’s made by v-tech (as opposed to apple or google) so we weren’t expecting that level of technical ability with this app (no offense!). Daughter is able to send and receive messages. I was able to easily add my sister to the app so daughter could connect with her Auntie & it’s been working great. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because it’s a little slow in receiving/sending and I have to exit the chat and re-enter to see a new message instead of having the new message appear in the chat I’m in. Also, I’m not able to communicate with contacts added to daughter’s phone unless I add that person to “our family” but we wanted the group “ our family” to just be mom, dad and daughter. Also, one thing to suggest for others, when you sign up, set it up so that it automatically signs you in. I’ve noticed I have gotten kicked out a couple of times but it just automatically signs me in again. Overall, we are very pleased with the app.
Functional and Security Flaws - Beware of your child’s safety
This app has both functional and security issues. In attempting to login to the app, the app status wheel just spins and then after several minutes fails. This happened on multiple iPhones of different generations.
Strangely, even though the app failed to log me in, whenever my child sent a message from the vtech kids phone to ‘parent’ I received iOS notifications that a message from the named child had been received. Yet, when clicking on the banner notification it takes me to the login, which of course, continues to fail. We submitted a ticket to support, and their response was “we do not have troubleshooting for this type of issue at this time”.
We purchased two of the vtech kids phones at ~$80 ea. and this is the support we received. I’m normally not the type to publicly express my opinion, but I want to make sure others don’t have to go through this frustration.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VTech Electronics Limited
- 89.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 VTech. All Rights Reserved. VTECH® and the VTECH® logo are registered trademarks of VTech.