Welcome to Vulture.
Vulture is a soaring planning & analysis application. We created the application because we want to take a look at our flights on the airfield, without having to look for a computer.
But we go even a step further, you can plan a task together with other pilots just before the flight. Export the task to a cup file and write it to an SD card. (an SD-card connector is required to do this.)
* Take a look at one or more flights at once. You can see the barograph for the different flights and even some more details as you replay them.
* When dragging the graph's handle you'll get a calculated indication of the wind at the point in time for the selected flight.**
* Thermal analytics that gives you more insights on where you lost time or took the best lift. (I love this feature)**
* Vulture tries to give you a nice overview of lots of statistics. (optimized distance, release point, maximum altitude, and many more...)
* Save your flights to Vulture so you can relive them at a later time. You can also mark flights as a contest or favorite them.
* Upload your flights to SkyLines, WeGlide, Soaring Spot, Soaringlab, or the Charron right from the app.
* Add (searchable) remarks to your saved flights, and keep a log of your favorite flights.
* Support drag and drop from other applications. This is how you can easily import multiple flights into Vulture.
* Import your favorite tasks from a cup file, WeGlide, Soaring Spot, or create them on yourself.
* Import waypoints from a cup file and create a task with waypoints. Using a waypoint as a turning point isn't required though.
* Use custom-defined observation zones for each waypoint during task creation.
* Fly with Vulture. See the airspace and (optimized) flight information during your flight. And even navigate to your preferred waypoint. Save the flight to Vulture afterward.
* Get information on the nearest airfield during flying. Quickly lookup the frequency provided by OurAirports.
* Keep all your tasks in Vulture, this way you can easily export a task on the day of your flight.
* The tasks in Vulture can be exported to a cup and a flarmcfg file, this way you can import them into your igc-approved device before the flights.
* Create your tasks or edit an imported task to fit the weather of the day.
* Use the SkySight integration to plan your task even better with the current weather predictions.
* You can import OpenAir and openAIP airspace files or the predefined ones from XCSoar or the openAIP server. This way it's easier to create a task with the correct airspace taken into account.
* When you imported airspace files, there is a possibility to get a glance of the different layers by long-pressing the map.
* You can export Flarm declaration from the main settings. This way you can easily set the pilot information without having to declare a task.
* Synchronize your saved flights between all your devices through iCloud. Next to your flight the tasks, waypoints, and airspaces will also be synced.
* Open flights from the Files.app or save the supported files from the share sheet without having to open Vulture and look for the files.
* Show previews of the flight or waypoint files in the Files.app. This way you can quickly see if you want to import these into Vulture.
* Search for flights and tasks from the Spotlight search on the iOS home screen.
* A widget with weather information that is fetched from the METAR station that is nearest to your home base as defined in the settings.
* And yes, we do support dark mode!
* Support for external hardware keyboard shortcuts and pointer devices.
You can use all the features of Vulture for free during the trial period. You can continue using the app by subscribing to one of the subscription plans.
We hope you enjoy Vulture. Please let us know if we can improve the app.
- Read additional data from the IGC file when available
- Show the altitude in the background when selecting a different graph type.
- Add additional vertical speed unit: feet/second.
- Add temperature unit: Celcius & Fahrenheit.
- Aggregate the general and the map settings into one screen.
- Improve the indication when a file is not shown on the map.
- Don't allow landscape mode on phones.
- Move the save to logbook flight panel action to the map menu.
- Move the flight actions from the bottom panel to the map more menu.
- Remove the iOS settings.
- Improve the layout of the graph for extreme flights like the Perlan.
- Show the iOS 15 edit/save task button.
- Fix crashes when automatically updating files in the background.
- Show the correct pressure value when 0999 is indicated.
- Fix the app icon shortcut crashes.
- Make sure the location is enabled when no authorization has been given.
- Fix glider height in dark mode.
- Show the correct outside air temperature when freezing.
- Correctly show the AAT indication on the graph when there is time remaining.
- Correctly render the graph labels when returning from the background.
- Make sure the elevation graph is correctly displayed in dark mode.
- Correct the graph temperature conversion values.
- Fix the SoaringSpot competitions filter.
- Fix the handle metadata position when resizing the screen.
- Fix release calculation when tow-plane makes hard turns.
- Fix the settings dismiss button.
We hope you like this update, leave a review in the App Store, or let us know what you want to see included in the app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jelle Vandebeeck
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019-2021 Jelle Vandebeeck
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly subscription $4.99
- Annual subscription $40.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.