Dell Wyse vWorkspace Connector for iOS liberates desktop virtualization by allowing vWorkspace users to securely access business applications, virtual desktops, and data from your iOS device.
PORTABLE VIRTUAL WORKSPACE
Access your Windows business desktop, applications and documents from virtually anywhere, transforming your iPad or iPhone into an on-demand portable workspace.
Eliminate traveling with multiple business and personal devices. Consolidate environments on your iOS device and have personal and business workspaces at one-touch availability.
OPTIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Boost your experience through faster screen updates and smoother interactions between business desktops and applications with our patent-pending technology to reduce the effects of slow or crowded networks.
Business documents, applications, and information remain protected at all times because everything is executed and stored in the secure corporate datacenter and not your device.
-One-touch access to personal and business worlds from your iOS device
-Optimized experience over any network connection
-On-screen mouse for easy intuitive navigation
-Ensure secure access anywhere with the vWorkspace Secure Access Server
-Works with Windows Virtual Desktops and Terminal Server/RD Session Host
· On Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1), when the color depth is set to 8bit, after launching a desktop, the iOS Connector might stop working or the remote session gets corrupted
· The iOS Connector might stop working if the user tries to connect via a manual configuration, when there is a connected configuration already
· When using Web Access, the user cannot launch the session with enabled Network Level Authentication if the Web Site's name starts with the "autodetect" word
· The application does not launch automatically if the configuration has been updated with the expired broker cache
· The “User name” and “Domain” fields are empty if the user launches an application with the expired broker cache and updated Active Directory password
· The user cannot connect to the existing configuration via the “Next” button on the “Credentials” screen if the “Domain” field is disabled
· The connection information should contain the policy name and its state (e.g., Microphone redirection: yes)
· The font size should be reduced for the experience settings (Performance and Optimization blocks)
· The check mark disappears after swiping up in the “Choose location” window
· UI fixes and improvements
· Overall performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
3+ Years - Works Great
This product works great on the iPad. I have used it for about 3 years. I have the most recent model of the iPad and have also used it on the previous models. They made some really nice improvements on the app with the latest update.
I have read some if the other reviews on the scrolling issue and not being able to use your finger to drag the screen around. You have to keep in mind that you ARE logging into a Windows environment. So, it's totally logical that you would have to do things differently once your on the virtual desktop. It also depends on the OS on your server.
Lastly, I just downloaded and installed the app on my iPhone. I don't see a way to scroll that screen at all, even though Quest says you can. So, at this point, the iPhone version is not usable for me.
weak in some areas
I like the fast switching between active connections, but if you lock your screen or the screen times out, all active connections are immediately disconnected. Sure you can reconnect and your session is still there, but still, dropping immediately is just stupid.
Also, the client doesn't recognize the presence of a bluetooth keyboard like the zaggfolio. You still have to tap the keyboard button, and you still lose half the screen as if the on-screen keyboard was there, even though it isn't.
Citrix isn't perfect either, but it's much more usable than this.
Since the manual configuration feature (available on desktop) was removed the app, on both iPad and iPhone, I am unable to access my remote server due to errors encountered using, only available, "automatic" configuration. I've encountered problems similar to this in the past, which were circumvented by manually entering the connection/farm information. Also worth mentioning, the problem is not with the server I am connecting to, as I am able to access it without a problem using vWorkspace on the PC.
Basically, this app in its current state, is functionally useless. If the manual configuration feature was re-added in a future update, I would rate the app at 5/5 stars given the convenience of being able to use my iPad/iPhone for remote access, which was experienced with earlier versions.
- Dell Software, Inc.
- 19.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Dell, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.