The ultimate word extraction game. Weld words in the word machine! Create clever combos and multiply your score using gem and gold tiles. Increase your vocabulary using the in-built dictionary – discover definitions of words you never even knew existed! Earn powerful special abilities like Group, Reverse, and Jump Swaps, and complete particularly tricky terms with blank wooden pieces. Potentially unlimited gameplay!
***Unparalleled content and value. Thanks for your support! W.E.L.D.E.R. has been the #1 iPad seller and Apple's iPhone Game of the Week, and Game of the Day! It's the perfect new word game for any new iPhone or iPad!***
• Play against your friends! Compete against your Game Center friends or random opponents in two-player matches.
• Adds addictive word game play to classic pattern matching.
• Use special reverse, group, and jump swaps to form words and clear broken tiles.
• Use multiplier tiles to score more points and gain more swaps!
• Brand new modes including Sandbox (infinite swaps) and Broken Challenge (tough broken tile levels).
• Undo your last move and have another go!
• Use "Apocalypse Swap" to wipe the board once per level and get a new set of tiles.
• Combine multipliers in a single word for thousands of points and tons of swaps!
• Game Center features include 47 achievements, competitive score comparison and a Palindrome Ranking.
• Use iCloud saving to transfer a game in progress from your iPad to your iPhone!
• Look up words you form via the built-in iOS dictionary.
We are listening to all of your amazing suggestions, and working hard on more updates coming soon! Thank you to all of our happily obsessed fans!
Fixed a bug that made it difficult to press PLAY when starting a 2 player turn.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve had this word game for more than a year and completed all levels once. About to do it I hope for a second time. This game is captivating, genius, lots of fun and very challenging. The biggest challenge is to determine a necessary strategy to succeed as you go up in level. Fantastic feature is never losing your current position in a game even when closing the app or updating the app. This has been great while on the airplane or if you need to wait on something. I find time passes quickly and at night I definitely force myself to put this game away or I'll be up too late. It is amazing to see words that you would never thought were legit. You can access any word made during the game and at any completed level to learn its definition. I highly recommend this word game- an excellent creation.
Best Word Game on AppStore
WELDER, a game I initially happened upon years ago, is the best word game I’ve played for my IPad. Whereas so many other word games feel like either clones of some other game or just so extremely simple you wonder if it’s a word game or just a vehicle to show people adds for other games. WELDER is actually challenging and fun. It’s no wonder it’s the game I’ve had on my iPad the longest and one that I always end up coming back to when I’m in the mood to play a good word game. The asynchronous multiplayer is a ton of fun and so are the multiple single player modes.
For word game fans that don’t mind a challenge I can’t recommend WELDER high enough.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Hunterman - we are working on fixing the mines issue you cited!
Oh, what could be!
This is a game with an almost infinite range of possibilities and one with great graphics as well as many engaging features. It also has a couple of glaring faults. The worst of those faults is its dictionary. That dictionary includes many 'words' that really are not words at all, just strings of letters that have appeared on line in the postings of careless typists and sloppy editors. On the other side of that dictionary coin are the many real words - ones that appear in standard dictionaries - that are not part of the Welder dictionary. The second major flaw of this game is not one of design but one of administration. The developers have allowed the game to be hijacked by a fairly large community of cheaters. While it is probably not practical to police he game so intensively as to stop the cheating, it would seem easy enough to identify and label the cheaters as such.
- Ayopa Games LLC
- 205 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- © My Evil Twin Gaming Corp.
- In-App Purchases
- Recharge of 750 Gigawatts $2.99
- Recharge of 3,000 Gigawatts $7.99
- Recharge of 8,000 Gigawatts $11.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.