Use the WA Sales Tax Rate Lookup app to find current Washington sales tax rates quickly and easily from anywhere you use your mobile device.
Whether you’re on a job site, delivering items, or in a store, check this app to verify the correct sales tax rate. Businesses with multiple work sites or delivery locations? Save, share, and export your list of locations, including calculated sales tax charges to streamline your bookkeeping.
• Easily refresh rates that have expired, and improved identification of expired items.
• Saved locations are grouped by month for easy exporting.
• Added city, county, and tribal indicator to results page.
• Added user options, including Always Open Calculator, Subscribe for News about this app, and show Service Alerts (in-app, to let you know when the GIS system is offline for maintenance).
• User interface and accessibility improvements.
• Find your local sales tax rate by GPS or by searching an address.
• Enter the taxable amount to calculate the total charge with sales tax.
• Name, save, and share locations via email or text message.
• Download your saved locations (text or CSV) for use in filing your tax returns.
• Turn on in-app Service alerts to let you know when GIS system is offline for maintenance.
*The app does not currently provide lodging or motor vehicle sales and rentals rates. Visit dor.wa.gov for those rates.
*Warning: Do not use this app as your accounting system. Updates to the app may delete your saved locations.
- New fields - city and county
- Tribal country indicator
Saved locations screen
- Saved locations are grouped by month for easy sharing and reporting on tax return
- Refresh button - re-pull same location to see if rate has changed
New user settings/options
- Option to receive service alerts (in-app notifications)
- Option to always display calculator
- Option to Subscribe for news bulletins
General user interface changes
- Updated icons, font size, color, and other user interface items
- Updated wording on maintenance messages
Ratings and Reviews
No send button or escape from address field
Very cool app! But, if you go to share, the send button disappears after putting an email address in, And if you click in the address field but want to click instead on the locate button, you can’t escape the address field. Also, share should include SMS sending so it can be texted to your friends
And one more - sending to support suffers the same no send button issue
Our ancestors were amazing
Washington State is very hard to do business in. Once you had to know the hundreds of tax rates for all the tiny little tax districts a contractor would do business in. With this app and a little luck, you can actually charge the correct tax at a residential or commercial address with the push of a button. In a year I work in several hundred tax areas and I don’t care, just open the app and get it right every time, no arguing.
I want more...
I save each invoice in this app. Then email each to an email just for tax purposes.
• It would be a time saver if there was a bulk export option instead of me emailing each individual invoice separately...
• It would be a timesaver if I could export the information to Washington State's combined excise tax online experience...
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Washington State Department of Revenue
- 42.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Washington State Department of Revenue and its licensors. All rights reserved.