Use this app to find current Washington sales tax rates quickly and easily from anywhere, using GPS at your current location, or by searching for an address. The WA Sales Tax Rate Lookup always has the most up-to-date local sales tax rates available, making it easy to calculate or verify a charge. Whether you’re in the office, out on the job, or shopping, you can check this app to verify that the correct sales tax rate is being used*. Frequent delivery or work sites? Save, share, and export your list of locations, including calculated charges to streamline your bookkeeping.
• Find the WA combined state and local tax rate at your current location using GPS, or by looking up an address
• Easily name, save, update, and share locations—no login required
• Enter your taxable amount for each location, and the sales tax and total charge will be calculated for you
• Share location and rate information via email or text message
• Download or share a spreadsheet with all of your saved locations and charges for importing
• Location code included in report so you can find it effortlessly when you file your tax returns
• View locations on a satellite map
• Confirmation code generated by each search to save for audit purposes
*The app does not currently provide lodging or motor vehicle sales and rentals rates. Visit dor.wa.gov for those rates.
How to look up a tax rate
Using your current location
• From the Locate view, tap the map icon; the system will find your present location and display the tax rate information*.
Using an address
• Tap Address, key the address into the appropriate fields.
• Tap Search or Done. The system will locate the entered address and display the tax rate information*.
*Sometimes an exact match can't be found. You may use the rate the app provides if it's within 100 meters of the location.
Once you have the tax rate, you can
• Calculate the total amount due by tapping the Calculator tab, key in the sale amount, and tap the Save icon. You can save or share this information along with the other information in your entry.
• Save it to your list by entering a title (if you want one) and tapping the Save icon.
• View your list by tapping the List tab.
• Edit a title or delete an entry from your list, by tapping and holding the entry till a menu pops up, giving you the option to Delete or Edit Title.
• Send it via text or email by tapping the Share icon.
New in this version:
•Ability to bulk share saved tax rates to share via email
•Ability to export saved tax rates as a CSV
•Bug fixes and quality updates
Thank you for your suggestions. Please continue to provide your feedback by rating this updated version.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No send button or escape from address field
Very cool app! But, if you go to share, the send button disappears after putting an email address in, And if you click in the address field but want to click instead on the locate button, you can’t escape the address field. Also, share should include SMS sending so it can be texted to your friends
And one more - sending to support suffers the same no send button issue
Our ancestors were amazing
Washington State is very hard to do business in. Once you had to know the hundreds of tax rates for all the tiny little tax districts a contractor would do business in. With this app and a little luck, you can actually charge the correct tax at a residential or commercial address with the push of a button. In a year I work in several hundred tax areas and I don’t care, just open the app and get it right every time, no arguing.
I want more...
I save each invoice in this app. Then email each to an email just for tax purposes.
• It would be a time saver if there was a bulk export option instead of me emailing each individual invoice separately...
• It would be a timesaver if I could export the information to Washington State's combined excise tax online experience...
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Washington State Department of Revenue
- 31.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Washington State Department of Revenue and its licensors. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.