WAB, the English-language magazine focusing on Wallonia and Brussels, is a quarterly showcase of everything going on in this vibrant and productive region. Published by Ackroyd Publications on behalf of the Walloon Agency for Exports and Investments (Awex) and Wallonie-Bruxelles International (WBI), it’s an important way of reaching an international English-speaking audience and encouraging both investment and tourism in the region. Now available as an app, the digital version of the magazine will help spread the message even further.
The magazine is divided into four clearly defined sections, each one highlighting the many companies and individuals making their mark in Wallonia and the wider world.
• ‘Work’ looks at the companies investing in Wallonia and Brussels, the businesses at the cutting edge of industries such as technology, healthcare, aviation and agriculture, and bite-size local news headlines.
• ‘Life’ zooms in on the region’s top chefs, leading cultural developments and local names making waves in the fields of art, film and fine food.
• ‘Create’ introduces the local artists taking their design, fashion, architecture, music and more to a world stage. This is also where you’ll find a round-up of events in the region, from museums and music festivals to antique fairs and family days out, as well as an interview with a topical cultural figure.
• Finally, ‘File’ is an in-depth examination of an area where Wallonia and Brussels excel. Recent topics include business tourism, the film industry and the much-loved comic hero Spirou.
Launched in 2009 and given a bold new look in 2012, the magazine is a dynamic presentation of just what the region has to be proud of. Special editions have focused on Liège’s bid to host the 2017 World Expo and Mons’s year as European Capital of Culture in 2015.
Editor-in-chief Sarah Crew says: “Through our contacts with entrepreneurs, artists and decision-makers from Wallonia and Brussels, increasingly strong articles have opened up to us. Highlighting this human dimension has become the objective of WAB, in which, as well as businesses and events, we put the emphasis on the faces behind every story.”
Wab is published every three months. Awex and WBI distribute 11,000 copies.
- Thomas Buytaert
- 15.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 WAB Magazine: The Voice of Wallonia and Brussels
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.