This application allows you to easily program your Philips Hue bridge in order to simulate sunrises in your house. Lights turn on when desired at low intensity and evolve towards higher intensity and daylight colours.
For each wake-up that you program, you can:
- Set the time at which the lights will turn on at low intensity.
- Select the days of the week for which the wake-up must be repeated.
- Choose between different colours when the lights turn on (natural, red, orange and blue).
- Select the duration of the transition towards high intensity (30, 10 and 5 minutes)
- Select the lights to use, this allows you to do sunrises at different times in different rooms of the house.
- Set when the lights must turn off so that you do not have to do so manually.
Each wake-up can be easily enabled or disable with a switch.
Wake-ups are programmed in the Hue bridge. This make their execution totally independent from the app.
Take note of the following limitations:
- This app only works with Extended Color Lights and Color Temperature Lights. It will NOT work with Color Lights, Dimmable Lights and On/Off Lights.
- The app uses five schedules and one light group per wake-up. Since the bridge is limited to 100 schedules and 16 groups, the number of wake-ups that can be created depends on the available space on the bridge.
Minor bug correction.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful Hidden Gem
I'm so sad it took me so long to find this app. What a gift! I work nights and during the winter months it's dark when I go to bed and dark when I wake up. I'm sure it's the same for everyone when there's only 7 hours of sunlight a day. It gets depressing. I've become intrigued by the lamps that simulate the sunrise to wake up more gently. Then I thought how I have hundreds of dollars worth of Hue bulbs. I tried to do it on my own at first, and it was okay, but the lights would get stuck on the various shades of red and yellow. I wanted it to move to more white light as it went on. This app is perfect. It's more intuitive than the native Hue app, does everything I wanted and more, and is out there for free. Bravo. It is worth noting that the time you set the alarm for is the time is starts fading in, not the time it reaches full light, like in the native Philips app.
Great simple app for sunrise / wake light
If you’re looking for a simple option for a sunrise / wake light for hue that work well, you’ll be happy with this. Thank you to the author for making the app free. One request: make the off time optional. This would make it easier to transition to another routine (e.g. from the official Hue app) — especially helpful in Northern countries having less daylight hours in the winter.
So much better than the Hue app!
I wish there was a routine that did not end in maximum brightness, but the fade in is smooth and the choices are all nice. Kelly’s Favorite is a very natural blue to orange to warm white that is practically like looking out the window at a sunrise. So glad I found this, and many thanks to the author for a ridiculously better way to wake up.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jean-Francois Hamel
- 4.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Jean-François Hamel
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.