WakeUp is a "Wake on LAN" tool that allows your iPhone/iPod/iPad to wake up a computer via a local network or internet.
--- Features: ---
• Wake / sleep* / shutdown* computer on the local network or via internet**
• Automatically finds computers on the local network (easy setup!)
• LAN broadcast/DNS/IP address support
• SecureOn support
• Add as many computers as you want
• Add group of computers for one-touch wake
• Wake your computers directly from springboard (not compatible with iOS 7 and iOS 8)
• iCloud sync
• Shake'n'wake all devices
• Check if your devices are turned on (only under wifi)
• 6 languages: English, Italian, German, Chinese, Spanish and French
(*) Linux is not supported. Sleep/Shutdown for Windows requires "WakeUp Server" installed on your pc. Download it at www.tommasomadonia.com/wakeup/server/
(**) Your router may not compatible with 'wake over internet'.
--- Typical Uses: ---
• Power on a computer remotely and then use VNC to view files
• Power on your computer to stream files
--- Wake on LAN requisites: ---
• The iPad/iPhone/iPod has to be connected to the same network of your computer
• The computer has to be connected to the router via ethernet cable
• The network cards must support 'Magic Packets' and the computer must be configured correctly
--- Wake over Internet requisites: ---
• Wake on LAN requisites
• The network must be reachable via internet
• The router and the firewall must be configured correctly for the forwarding of 'Magic Packets'
• The router must be capable of forwarding 'Magic Packets' to turned off computers
--- Sleep/Shutdown requisites: ---
• 'Remote Login' enabled. (System Preferences > Sharing)
• WakeUp Server (tommasomadonia.com/wakeup/server/)
• Java 7+
Linux: (require manual configuration)
• SSH server
• Manual configuration of sleep/shutdown SSH commands
Note: To remotely power on a computer when turned off often requires enabling "Wake on LAN" in BIOS. Mac OSX only support "Wake on LAN" and "Wake over internet" when sleeping.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Update for new iOS version
Ratings and Reviews
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t
I keep hitting the WakeUp key and after a few minutes it might wake up my Mac Mini and sometimes it won’t. I get frustrated and go to my computer room and just hit the keyboard or mouse to wake the Mac up. I’ve monkeyed with the sleep settings on my Mac but I get the same results.
Stopped working in iOS 13.2, but fixed now
Started working again in latest iOS 13.2 release, after being broken for a bit.
Works very well, love the LAN/Internet options
This WOL tool has everything you need. You can configure an internal (LAN) and an external (Internet) address. This is very useful when you're in and out of your network.
The developer, Tommaso Madonia, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tommaso Madonia
- 9.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Tommaso Madonia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.