It's never been easier to get lost in a story. Go digital with a world of reading at your fingertips with the free Walmart eBooks app. With over 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to choose from, there’s something for every type of reader and listener.
The perfect escape awaits with the world's best eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, and children's books to enjoy instantly on your smartphone or tablet.
The Walmart eBooks app adds comfort and convenience to your love of books:
• Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer.
• Night Mode to makes reading easier on your eyes before bedtime.
• Lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use audiobook player makes it simple for you to move through your story with a single touch. Tap to go forwards or backwards for a few seconds, for an entire chapter, or more.
• Never worry about losing your spot with automatic bookmarks, and see how much time is left at a glance.
• Schedule the timer to turn the app off after a set amount of time—so you can listen while life happens, or when it’s time to say goodnight.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favorite.
• Start reading on one device and switch to another. The Walmart eBooks app always remembers where you left off, so you don’t need to keep track.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favorite quotes, notes, or thoughts about what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or check out reviews from other readers.
• Listen to audiobooks while you drive with CarPlay. Download them before connecting to CarPlay, or else you won’t see them.
*You can listen to audiobooks on any iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS version 9.0 or higher.
For our passionate readers who love books as much as we do, we update the Walmart eBooks app as often as possible to continually improve on its reliability and performance.
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• Wishlist is now available. Add items you’re interested in to your Wishlist, which you can access from the Home screen. You can also add your Wishlist to the tabs at the bottom of your screen. Just tap the More icon, then Edit, then drag the Wishlist icon to the tray.
• If there’s a book under Recently Opened you’re no longer reading, you can now select Remove from Home. You’ll still be able to find it under Books or Audiobooks.
• We now offer support for new iPad Pro devices.
• We resolved various issues with text being cut off on smaller devices.
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Thanks for reading with Walmart eBooks!
Ratings and Reviews
It is not clear to me how to purchase a book! I have a Walmart account and a Walmart ebook account. I get a message from the ebook account that I must purchase the book from Walmart. Well Walmart only wants to send me a a paperback or hard back! This service does cost less than audible but it is not worth the headache and aggravation 😠. I am dumping this app and will check back some other time to see if it has been made more user friendly ✌️
I was an audible subscriber and thought hey this is $10 less a month what a great deal. Well, the old saying you get what you pay for is true. OVER 20 emails and 3 phone calls later, I still can’t download a simple book. (I downloaded a couple no problem) They gave me step after step to do (like it was my problem to fix) they reset my account on their end and still couldn’t download a book. Their response to me was just try the 6 steps again. When I finally got sick of it I asked for a refund. They didn’t want to give me a refund FOR THE BOOKS I COULD NOT DOWNLOAD. I actually had to fight for a refund for a product and service THEY DID NOT PROVIDE. My advice just don’t sign up for Walmart e books because the app that you have to use can’t fix their own problems, they are impossible to get in touch with, (called several times and heard ppl in the background then was hung up on), you will spend hours on email with no solution, (actually you will just get automated replies telling YOU to do things over and over again) and finally you will have to demand a refund and go through several people to get it. It took me OVER a week to do everything and get it canceled........save yourself the time and headache....... just say no.
Developer Response ,
Hi, If you need assistance, please contact our support team at http://walmartebooks.kobo.com/ and we would be more than happy to try and troubleshoot any problems you may be having. Thanks!
It doesn’t work? Kinda?
This has been a very confusing experience so far. I downloaded the Walmart audiobook/kobo app to try the service and all I saw after logging in was the Walmart grocery app interface. (I don’t even have the grocery app installed, but I did once upon a time so I know it when I see it.) After overcoming the bizarreness of the situation, I realized the app (ridiculously) is using Safari as its core means of content delivery. So the problem seemed to be a caching issue. I closed the app and opened my iPhone settings, navigated to safari, cleared my safari cache and cookies, then returned to open up the “book app” again. This time I received the ebook interface. A bit disturbing. Seems an awfully cheap way of going about creating an app. But, hey, I fixed it. Wooyay, sort of? Except I can’t find how to sign up for the actual audiobook service. This is really kind of crazy. I really wanted to like this but it’s a mess right now. Hopefully they get it fixed ASAP. In the meantime, can someone tell me how to sign up for the audiobook service? (Message also sent to customer service.)
Device: iPhone 6
OS Version: 11.4.1
App Version: Walmart eBooks 9.8
- Kobo Inc.
- 194.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.