THE WANTED 18
EXPLORE AN INTERACTIVE PORTRAIT OF ISRAEL AND PALESTINE—THROUGH THE EYES OF A GROUP OF COWS
Discover the animated true story of a group of Israeli cows transported to Palestine during the First Intifada in the West Bank. The cows at the centre of this multimedia interactive app were purchased by a group of Palestinian activists in 1987 with the goal of creating a self-sufficient supply of milk for their community.
Our bovine protagonists now come to life in dynamic comic book style as multi-faceted, diverse characters in The Wanted 18. Each cow exhibits a distinct personality and perspective on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, granting viewers an alternately poignant, thought-provoking, humorous, and inspiring profile of grassroots activism and peaceful resistance in a part of the world that is fraught with negative imagery and despair.
The Wanted 18’s interactive narrative is supplemented with stop-motion animation, games, interviews, drawings, video content, and archival material that situate the story within its historical context. Directed, illustrated, and narrated by acclaimed Palestinian artist Amer Shomali together with veteran Canadian director Paul Cowan, and developed by Montreal-based creative studio Akufen, The Wanted 18 gives voice to the lives and experiences of the Palestinian citizens, activists, and farmers who sought freedom and justice in 1987.
- WATCH a series of short animated vignettes that immerse you in the issues of Palestine’s First Intifada.
- DISCOVER a surprising take on a serious issue in this unconventional and engaging multimedia project.
- EXPLORE the app’s supplementary informational content, including recipes, fact cards, games, and interviews with the people at the centre of the grassroots uprising of 1987.
- READ about the history of this contested region, and the traditions, cultures, struggles, and hopes of the people who live there.
- PLAY with interactive features like responsive motion, selectable storylines, games, and supplementary video content.
The Wanted 18 is produced by Intuitive Pictures and Akufen. The app accompanies a semi-animated feature film of the same name.
Supported: iOS 7+, iPad 2+
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
The developer, National Film Board of Canada – Office national du film du Canada, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 993.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Film Board of Canada
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.