War was probably the first card game you learned to play growing up! With its simple rules and quick game play, it's fun for all ages. War - The Card Game, is the free to play mobile version, with a few twists!
With this updated version, you get four different game modes:
• Classic War is simple and plays exactly like the classic card game. The deck is split into two piles; each player flips over cards from the top of their deck, and the high card wins. Ties are broken with a "war", with extra cards put at stake. The players face off until one opponent completely runs out of cards.
• 3 Wars is a quick-to-play mode. It has the same deck rules as Classic War, only the first player to win three wars wins the game!
• Strategy War: In this variation each player draws five cards at random from their deck, and and can choose which order to play them in. This is a great challenge to outsmart your friends!
• Reserve War: This popular variation allows players to choose up to 3 cards to reserve for later play, but be forewarned, reserving a card costs you to lose the next card to your opponent!
• Hours of free gameplay entertainment.
• Multiplayer support, including challenging a friend, online opponents, or shared screen mode to play together on one device!
• Track all wins and losses, in every game mode.
• All game modes have fully customizable card backs, card fronts, and gameplay backgrounds. Make any game mode totally your own!
• All new updated graphics.
• Easy to use and play.
• Smooth gameplay.
• Designed for both phone and tablet play.
- A brand new game mode (Reserve War)
- Play Classic War on one device with a friend (Shared screen)
- Multiplayer support for select game modes
Ratings and Reviews
A way to mute the sound effects would be nice, and I don't understand why I need a second iPad or an iPhone or other I device just to play with my wife or other friend, just fit both decks on the same screen opposite from each other, and make it multi touch (the cards are always unseen anyways until the draw) kinda silly to need to buy a second $600-$800 iPad to play a game of war... The bluetooth feature should be a luxury not a necessity
With these changes it's a 5 star app.
It’s ok because the game is really laggy and I can’t win it’s really not even possible to win and it has too much ads and it has really bad ads kids are not to watch so it’s ok
It’s very boring because all you do is keep on clicking on the card until you win or lose. I played for like 1 minute and it was the worst game I have ever played!
- Iversoft Solutions
- 122.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Iversoft Solutions Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Ad Free Version $3.99
- Kitty Card Set $1.99
- Puppy Card Set $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.