The Washington Examiner Edition for iPad and iPhone offers current political news and analysis of American politics and government policy. Subscribers receive all issues free by logging-in to the iOS Edition app after installation to your device.
• Subscriptions are 1 month for $5.99 or 1 year for $64.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Publication. Lousy App
Proving once again that competent tech geeks work for Google, not conservative publishers operating on a shoe string, the people behind the Weekly Standard app have provided the worst possible smart phone interface for their magazine. To call the app buggy, glitchy or finicky would imply that it sometimes works. As of this writing, my iOS subscription gives me access to the April 2 issue, which is at least 6 issues behind. Trying to update my subscription produces this message: “Your subscription to the Oklahoman is current and will renew on December 31, 1969.” I am not making this up.
A call to subscription services resulted in a nice lady reading to me over the phone a mile-long URL link for a 90-day digital subscription. As you may have guessed, the requested URL was not found. So no app, no access, no help, and I paid something like $60 for the annual subscription. This makes Trump University look like a bargain.
Still broken, what a shame a great magazine has such a poor app
The content of this publication is first rate.
The app is so badly executed it should be executed.
Issues failed to load. Then they fixed that problem but now when you try to read articles they don’t scroll properly.
Bugs and crashes are so common with this app you could use it as a training tool for how not to make an app.
I really hate writing this review because I’ve been a subscriber since this magazine started many years ago. Such a terrible shame that no one at the publisher cares about the quality of the app.
I’m running a 2016 model of the iPad Pro 9.6 with all the latest updates. So it should run properly if they were keeping up to date on Apple’s developer standards. Since the app has been broken for months and through a full update earlier this month, they clearly just don’t have the competence to manage an app.
For your own sanity, stick to the print version of this fine magazine.
Shoot the developer
The app stinks. It has never been good, but isn’t working at all now. It hasn’t downloaded a new issue this month, which I paid for. Deleting and reinstalling doesn’t help. Deleting, reinstalling, and logging in as an existing subscriber reveals the message that my subscription to The Oklahoman is good until 1969. Yay for me.
Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful.
May 24 update. Still not working. This kind of nonsense and indifference to readers has happened before, but not usually this long. I’ve been a reader since the mag’s first year. Pains me, but I’ve already cancelled automatic renewal.
- Weekly Standard LLC
- 59.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Weekly Standard LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $5.99
- 1 Year Subscription $64.99
- November 26, 2012 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.