Apple Watch, Nest Cam, and Siri together. What a sight!
The app has Siri Voice shortcuts, and they can be used to set your home into Away or Home state using Siri on your Watch or iPhone, as well as to display the live feeds from your cameras.
The app fully supports Apple Watch LTE, and can work when the iPhone is not around - as long as the watch itself has internet access (either LTE or WiFi).
Watch Cam lets you monitor all your Nest Cams from the Apple Watch or the iOS Widget.
• From the watch face, tap on the Watch Cam complication to open the app. Swipe left and right to view life feeds from all your Nest Cams.
• One of the new Series 4 Watch complications shows you the snapshot from the camera of your choice, right on the watch face. The snapshot updates periodically all on its own, so you'll have a recent view of your camera any time you look at the watch. Useful when waiting for that package to arrive.
• On your iOS device you can swipe to the notification center to see what's on all of your cameras.
• View the continuously updated Live Feed from the camera in the watch app, the iOS widget, or the iOS app. The feed updates with a new image approximately every second on the iOS and two seconds on the Watch - may be faster or slower, depending on your network speed.
• Use the digital crown on the Watch to zoom in and out, or tap the screen to toggle zoom levels.
• Use the pinch gesture on the camera views in the iOS app to zoom in and out. Single tap toggles the zoom level in the iOS app and the iOS widget.
• Turn the device to landscape mode to increase the camera views sizes.
• Double tap on the Live Feed view in the iOS app or the widget to launch the Nest app.
• Set Geofence around your home to reliably set the Home and Away state when you come and go.
Watch Face Complications can display the following:
• Snapshot from the camera of your choice that updates periodically.
• Status of all the cameras - if the camera icon is green, it means that all your cameras are online and streaming. If it's dimmed, it means that some cameras are off.
You can press the Watch screen firmly for additional functions, like setting the home/away status, or turning the camera streaming on and off.
While the app's minimalist looks betray the simplicity of its operation, what they don't show is the amount of planning, design, development and refinement that went into it, ensuring it becomes something that is enjoyable to use and experience.
Please Note: Watch Cam does not collect any of your data. Your login information, camera feeds, and any activity - all of it flows exclusively between your devices and Nest. Author of Watch Cam does not receive any of it, at any point.
This app and its developer are unaffiliated with Google Inc. or Google Nest. Nest is a trademark of Google Inc.
＊ Added support for iOS/iPadOS 14 and watchOS 7.
Previous major updates:
＊You can now sign in with a Google account.
＊You can save both the Google account and Nest account API Key from the app menu. As usual, it's advisable to do this.
＊Tip Jar added to the app menu. If Watch Cam has changed your home experience for the better, please consider giving a small tip.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Extremely Helpful Developer
The app works just as I had hoped it would. I am able to see a live stream on my Apple Watch and the last event.
When I purchased the the app the last event option would not display on my phone or watch. I contacted the developer and he worked with me for multiple days trying to get to the root cause. He never gave up and even offered me a refund. I declined his offer to refund because I knew his app worked due to a friend who has the app. He contacted Nest for me and I sent him some information that Nest asked for. The next day there’s a software update for my Nest app. And Nest had fixed the problem on there end. I do not leave many reviews but I really wanted to somehow thank the developer for being so diligent on getting this to work for me. I wish all developers were like the gentleman who created this app. I would not hesitate to purchase an app from this developer!
GREAT watch app
I’ve long wanted the ability to quickly check the Nest Cam from my wrist (for example, when I wake up, to see if the baby has woken up, or to check in when I’m working out at the gym). This app works much better than I thought would be possible; it is fast, responsive, and refreshes the watch every few seconds, even if connected to your phone via Bluetooth. There’s also zoom, either by tapping or using the Digital Crown. You can switch between last activity and live stream by force pressing on the Watch. Fantastic!
One feature request: improve the features on the phone/tablet app when you have time; it’s more useful than you think. For example, any chance the iPad could get Picture-in-Picture, which the Nest app doesn’t have? Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review - I'm glad you're enjoying the app! I'm looking into some way of adding the PiP support, but the type of the feed provided by Nest is not the best suited for this purpose. In the meantime, note that you can use the split-view multitasking on your iPad with this app, so you can watch your cameras on the side of the screen - which is another thing that Nest's app doesn't seem to have.
Doesn’t Work Properly After Migration
Hi, when I migrated over to a Google account, your Watch Cam for Mac OS & Watch Cam for iOS both stopped displaying this, "Auto-Display Last Event Video Clip". I have logged out & back in, deleted & reinstalled & nothing will fix it. I have Nest Aware Plus and the clips still show perfectly on my Nest app. Please help because I seriously rely on that feature. I’ve emailed support numerous times, but nobody ever responded. Thank you.
Thank you for responding. Changed rating to 5 Stars because other than this aspect, which is out of your control, the app is awesome! I’d make a suggestion that your app description also include what you’ll be losing if you migrate from Nest to Google. I might never have migrated had I known this. Thanks again!
Developer Response ,
Hi Doren. The last even feature is not available in Watch Cam if you are on a Google Account with Nest. I'm sorry about that, and if it was possible to keep it working with the new setup, I would have. If it becomes possible in the future, I will add it back in. I also really apologize for not replying to your last email sooner. I usually reply quickly, as I did to your email last year, but this one somehow landed in the junk mail folder, and I didn't see it. I've replied to it now, with the instructions to enable the last event notifications on the Watch from the Nest app, in case that it's not working for you.
- Marko Radakovic
- 13.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Marconelly
- In-App Purchases
- Massive Tip $4.99
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Big Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.