The WatchMate App connects with your Vesper Marine AIS Transponder to place remote control functionality and situational awareness in the palm of your hand on your iPhone or on your iPad.
The WatchMate App becomes the user interface for configuring and remote control of your Vesper Marine AIS Transponder, especially where it does not have its own display such as the Vesper Marine XB-8000.
- View AIS Targets received by your Vesper Marine AIS Transponder.
- Setup and manage collision prevention alarm profiles.
- Manage your MOB alarms.
- Control and view your Anchor Watch alarm.
- View your AIS Transponder's own GPS Position, Course and Speed.
- Check the operational status of your AIS Transponder.
- Remote control of your AIS Transponder settings.
- Switch easily between Silent Mode and Normal Transmitting mode.
- Configure your Vessel's AIS Static data. (MMSI, Call Sign, Vessel Type, Vessel Size)
- Perform firmware upgrades.
Note: iPhone4 devices will need a transponder firmware update first to be able to reliably perform firmware upgrades. The feature is automatically disabled in the app on an iPhone4, and will automatically be made available once the device is loaded with the firmware to support it - V3.2 and up.
Connects to your WatchMate device's WIFI access point or by being on the same wifi network.
- Supports Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder.
- Supports Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision®.
The complex nature of our innovative WatchMate App makes coding mishaps difficult to eliminate despite the superhuman efforts of our developers so please remember Vesper Marine does not warrant that this product is error-free. As the adventurous user it's your job to exercise common sense and the best navigational judgement you can muster. Although we think the WatchMate App is awesome nothing beats using all your human senses, so best you still rely on these at least as much as you rely on the WatchMate App for making navigational safety decisions. Our advice is; even with the WatchMate App it’s still a clever idea to maintain a permanent watch and use more than one aid for navigation.
Bug fixes and updating the app for iOS 15+.
Ratings and Reviews
Anchor watch feature needs work
I know the GPS coordinates of my anchor. Why can’t I enter or at least see the coordinates? Twenty five foot increments for distance limits is too large. If I have dragged even 10 feet I should be warned.
Software has bugs. I regularly need to force close the app and re-open to get my anchor data to load. No alarm history. Basic functionality for AIS. No Ability to “silence” an AIS target for 10 minutes, the alarm just constantly goes off every few seconds. Random WFi connection issues.
Excellent app for an excellent device
Vesper’s AIS unit is excellent, and this app enables essentially full remote control of the device. It appears very reliable, and I find it extremely useful when on passage, as well as when anchored. So, almost always...
Vesper’s Vision unit has a very well thought out anchor alarm, and being able to quickly see the anchor alarm display when away from the nav station is very useful.
Ditto for AIS data, of course...
Highly recommended for Vesper AIS owners.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vesper Marine Limited
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Garmin International, Inc