See where crashes happen near you!
Find the most dangerous driving spots in your city.
Get driving alerts based on traffic and weather.
Our goal is to make driving safer by showing you where crashes are most likely to occur.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We find crash hazards by analyzing police accident reports looking for locations where crashes frequently occur. We've analyzed more than 50,000,000 crashes from across the country to identify the hazardous areas in WatchOut.
You can use WatchOut to explore driving hazards at home or while traveling. Start "Driving Mode" to get real-time alerts for active hazards as you approach them. A hazard is considered active if current conditions such as traffic, weather, and time are similar to those when crashes occur. For example if the curve ahead is dangerous in the snow, you'll get an alert when approaching it in snowy conditions. If the section of highway ahead frequently experiences rear-end collisions, you'll get an alert when approaching it if slow traffic is present. You can start driving mode before starting your preferred navigation app to get WatchOut's hazard alerts in the background.
- Explore our map to find crash hazards near you
- Start driving mode to get voice alerts as you approach hazards
- Get alerts for more than 25 different hazard types such as:
- Sharp curves
- Slowing traffic
- Steep hills
- Children playing
- Traffic islands
- Low bridges
- Parking cars
and many more...
- Live traffic data is used to activate alerts based on current traffic conditions
- Live weather data is used to activate alerts based on current weather conditions. Look for snow, fog, wind, or rain icons to see if a hazard is caused by a particular weather condition.
- Background voice alerts allow you to use WatchOut and your preferred navigation app at the same time.
- Includes modes to help Drivers, Cyclists, and Pedestrians
WatchOut is a brand new approach to driving safety. Please send us feedback through our app or web site so that we can improve your experience.
*As seen at the LA Auto Show
More hazard alerts
Ratings and Reviews
Great App and Resourceful
This the app we all needed but didn’t know we needed. It allows you to make safer driving decisions as you’re driving by alerting you of previously reported traffic incidents on a particular road and very useful data. Combined with Waze I think this will help you be a more safer driver.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simpler Studios LLC
- 10.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Simpler Studios LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.