Watcht is a Movie and TV Show Information & Tracking App powered by Trakt.tv.
You can browse information without a Trakt account, however you will need one to sync and update your watch history, watch list, and ratings etc. Using a Trakt account means that all your history is available on all your devices with Trakt access, including available on Trakt.tv on the web.
Some things of note that you can do:
• Explore lists of Trending, Popular etc. Movies and TV Shows.
• Search for Movies, TV Shows, Episodes, Lists and People.
• Access Movie and TV Show information, ratings, and comments.
• Keep a Watch List of Movies and TV Shows to watch.
• Mark Movies and TV Shows as watched.
• Check in to Movies and TV Show episodes.
• Schedule a Check in reminder for Movies.
• Keep track of which episodes to watch next.
• View your Movie and TV Show history.
• Comment on Movies, TV Shows, Seasons, Episodes, and Lists.
• Create, edit, view and manage Custom Lists of Movies, TV Shows & People.
• Access a calendar of Movie and Episode release/air dates.
• Get notified about upcoming Episodes in your Calendar.
• View a list of recommended Movies and TV Shows.
• Choose from Dark, Pure Black, Light, or Original Themes, including system Dark Mode support.
• Choose from a few alternative App Icons colours.
• Import some information from IMDb.
• Basic Trakt API translation support for Movies and Shows.
Please note that Watcht allows you to view information, however you can not actually watch the Movies or TV Show episodes within the app.
Have any feedback, suggestions, or features you think are missing, or found a bug?
Get in touch with email: email@example.com or on Twitter: @watchtapp.
Watcht is free to use, and doesn't contain any ads, however if you enjoy the app, consider contributing an amount to say thanks via the Contribute section in the Settings.
Note: Some icons provided by icons8.com.
• Added alternative App Icons with various different colours - check them out via Settings.
• Added support for getting translated titles, taglines, and overviews for Movies and Shows, where available. It’s off by default and can be turned on via Settings at the bottom of the Preferences section. Note that not all the available languages will have translations available via Trakt.
• Added support for a Grid-only Up next section via the more button (•••) on the Dashboard’s Up next to watch section. This feature removes the other items from the Dashboard screen but can be turned off and on pretty easily.
• Added a basic “Smart” sort to Up next sorting, which keeps the latest watched items near the top, and then after a period of time it will move toward the end of the list. Between the latest and end will be shows with new episodes which have had new episodes released within the last month or so.
• Added support for copying titles and tag lines in overview screens (long press on them to bring up an option to copy).
Ratings and Reviews
Does almost everything I need.
This app is really great. It helps me keep track of the shows I am watching and the list function is great. I’m currently using the custom list feature to keep track of what streaming services my shows and movies are available on. That does bring me to one feature this app lacks that I wish it had because it would stop me having to open a different app for it alongside Watcht. It would be great if this app could display on what services things could be streamed from.
Great app; just some problems
This app is great. I use it to keep track of my movies and shows. I love how it shows how much time you’ve spent in total on watching stuff, as well as your favorite genre of movies. It tells you the ratings of the movies, who stars in them, shows you the trailer, a summarized description of the movie. It also tells you details about actors/actresses and what movies they came out in.
The only thing I’d like them to add or improve is being able to save movie or show lists. Sometimes I see a list and think, “wow it’s great,” but I have no means of saving or liking it on the app. It would also be nice to be able to search by actors/actresses. There’s moments where I’ll type in parts of movie, not really remembering the title, and nothing will pop up unless it’s word for word. A little nuisance but no big deal.
Overall great app I love it!
Developer Response ,
Hi sofiaisc00l, thanks for the great review!
Just wanted to let you know that v1.12 added support for liking Lists, as well as search for People (actors/actresses)! Unfortunately the search still has some matching issues based on what you enter, though hopefully the Trakt API might get some improvements in the near future to help that!
Best TV Show and Movie Tracking App!
I cannot believe it took so long for a great, useful tracking app to come out in the App Store. Such a novel idea, but while many other similar apps failed to execute a user-friendly app, Watcht absolutely crushed it! This app is amazing. I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s great that it syncs with my Trakt account as well. The developers are great at listening to their app users, too. Last time I rated this app, I made a couple of suggestions and they added them and also guided me through whatever features that they already had that I didn’t realize how to use. I use this app almost daily!
One additional suggestion: Would it be possible to add Rotten Tomato ratings?
Developer Response ,
Hey again graceyyy, thanks again for the awesome review.
You likely already know, but Version 1.9 added Rotten Tomatoes Ratings!
Hey again graceyyy, thanks for the awesome follow up review!
As for your Rotten tomatoes suggestion, it’s on my list to support at some point, but unsure when just yet!
Hey graceyyy, first of all, thanks for the great review! Second, thank you for the suggestions.
I’m sure you’ve already found out, but v1.4 included notifications for Calendar Episodes, and v1.5 has improved the information slightly!
I assume that by Watch List you’re talking about your “Up next to watch” section on the Dashboard. If so, you can tap hold on shows there for an option to hide it. You can hide specific seasons via the Show Progress screen (tap See all in that same section) and tap hold those for hide options.
You can sort that list via the more button (•••) in the same section mentioned above.
For seeing which episodes are watched more easily, I’d love to improve that at some point if you’d be happy to send me some additional info (screenshots etc) of where you’re talking about.
Finally, check out the Guide, via the Profile Tab > Settings > Watcht Guide, for more info on the above and feel free to send anything through to firstname.lastname@example.org, as it’ll be easier to manage your suggestions there!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tyson Kerridge
- 62.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Tyson Kerridge
- In-App Purchases
- Contribution $0.99
- Contribution $4.99
- Contribution $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.