Watcht is a Movie and TV Show Information & Tracking App powered by Trakt.tv.
You can browse information without a Trakt account, however you will need one to sync and update your watch history, watch list, and ratings etc. Using a Trakt account means that all your history is available on all your devices with Trakt access, including available on Trakt.tv on the web.
Some things of note that you can do:
• Explore lists of Trending, Popular etc. Movies and TV Shows.
• Search for Movies and TV Shows.
• Access Movie and TV Show information, ratings, and comments.
• Keep a Watch List of Movies and TV Shows to watch.
• Mark Movies and TV Shows as watched.
• Check in to Movies and TV Show episodes.
• Schedule a Check in reminder for Movies.
• Keep track of which episodes to watch next.
• View your Movie and TV Show history.
• Comment on Movies, TV Shows, Seasons, Episodes, and Lists.
• Create, edit, view and manage Custom Lists of Movies, TV Shows & People.
• Access a calendar of Movie and Episode release/air dates.
• Get notified about upcoming Episodes in your Calendar.
• View a list of recommended Movies and TV Shows.
• Choose from Dark, Light, or Original Themes.
• Import some information from IMDb.
Please note that Watcht allows you to view information, however you can not actually watch the Movies or TV Show episodes within the app.
Have any feedback, suggestions, or features you think are missing, or found a bug?
Get in touch with email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter: @watchtapp.
Watcht is free to use, and doesn't contain any ads, however if you enjoy the app, consider contributing an amount to say thanks via the Contribute section in the Settings.
Note: Some icons provided by icons8.com.
• Added full support for displaying cast and crew for Movies and Shows, as well as for cast and crew specific to each Season and Episode, where available.
• Added a "See all" to the credits for people (actors, etc.) along with filtering by your personal watched status and some basic sorting for them also.
• Added filtering and sorting by personal watch status to the Watch List.
• Fixed issue with episode behind badge count including hidden episodes.
• Fixed issue causing Rotten Tomatoes ratings to truncate the percent value.
• Sorted the display of Lists shown when adding items to them via the Overview screens.
• Fixed an issue with the current Watch List tab changing in some cases after adding or removing items.
• Added additional source for TV Show banner images.
• Added support to view more poster/banner images for Movies, Shows, Seasons, and Episodes, where available. Tap the respective images within the Overviews and swipe to view more, or tap the “See All” button to preview all of them.
• Fixed an issue causing the “Begin Calendar from Yesterday” not actually working in some cases within the Calendar.
• Moved the Settings option to hide comments in Overviews into a new section within Settings called “Spoilers”.
• Added support to hide episode and season screenshot banner images from being displayed when you haven’t watched it yet to avoid spoilers. Accessible within the Spoilers section of Settings.
• Fixed an issue causing some episode screenshots to be blurry within Overviews.
As usual, thank you to everyone who has sent feedback, suggestions, bugs, ratings and/or reviews, and any amount of contribution!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app; just some problems
This app is great. I use it to keep track of my movies and shows. I love how it shows how much time you’ve spent in total on watching stuff, as well as your favorite genre of movies. It tells you the ratings of the movies, who stars in them, shows you the trailer, a summarized description of the movie. It also tells you details about actors/actresses and what movies they came out in.
The only thing I’d like them to add or improve is being able to save movie or show lists. Sometimes I see a list and think, “wow it’s great,” but I have no means of saving or liking it on the app. It would also be nice to be able to search by actors/actresses. There’s moments where I’ll type in parts of movie, not really remembering the title, and nothing will pop up unless it’s word for word. A little nuisance but no big deal.
Overall great app I love it!
Excellent Trakt App
I buy and test every TV tracker app in the App Store? I strongly prefer the apps that are based on my existing Trakt account like this app. This has become my favorite of those I consider the top three. I really appreciate how the app design maximizes the amount of data I can see on a single screen yet still be easily understandable and have intuitive usability. I've also found several capabilities that are unique to this app that are just not possible to get done in the other apps and would require you to go to the Trakt website to do.
In a nutshell this app has put a wonderful UI to view and manage your Trakt database. I prefer it to Trakt's own interface and the classic style TV tracking UI that are based on the wonderful Trakt service.
Best TV Show and Movie Tracking App!
I cannot believe it took so long for a great, useful tracking app to come out in the App Store. Such a novel idea, but while many other similar apps failed to execute a user-friendly app, Watcht absolutely crushed it! This app is amazing. I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s great that it syncs with my Trakt account as well. The developers are great at listening to their app users, too. Last time I rated this app, I made a couple of suggestions and they added them and also guided me through whatever features that they already had that I didn’t realize how to use. I use this app almost daily!
One additional suggestion: Would it be possible to add Rotten Tomato ratings?
Developer Response ,
Hey again graceyyy, thanks again for the awesome review.
You likely already know, but Version 1.9 added Rotten Tomatoes Ratings!
Hey again graceyyy, thanks for the awesome follow up review!
As for your Rotten tomatoes suggestion, it’s on my list to support at some point, but unsure when just yet!
Hey graceyyy, first of all, thanks for the great review! Second, thank you for the suggestions.
I’m sure you’ve already found out, but v1.4 included notifications for Calendar Episodes, and v1.5 has improved the information slightly!
I assume that by Watch List you’re talking about your “Up next to watch” section on the Dashboard. If so, you can tap hold on shows there for an option to hide it. You can hide specific seasons via the Show Progress screen (tap See all in that same section) and tap hold those for hide options.
You can sort that list via the more button (•••) in the same section mentioned above.
For seeing which episodes are watched more easily, I’d love to improve that at some point if you’d be happy to send me some additional info (screenshots etc) of where you’re talking about.
Finally, check out the Guide, via the Profile Tab > Settings > Watcht Guide, for more info on the above and feel free to send anything through to email@example.com, as it’ll be easier to manage your suggestions there!
- Tyson Kerridge
- 57.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tyson Kerridge
- In-App Purchases
- Contribution $2.99
- Contribution $4.99
- Contribution $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.