• Create your own custom formula or use the built-in options to create strong passwords.
• Include words in your passwords or create word only passwords in the style of xkcd* or Diceware.† Our 108,617 word list includes words in English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish (UTF8 and ASCII), Catalan (UTF8 and ASCII) and Turkish.
• Include, require or exclude uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, symbols, spaces and words.
• Include and exclude specific letters.
• Create up to 100 character passwords.
• Configure the perfect formula and save it for next time.
• Copy the generated password to the clipboard.
• Show the password in large type in a floating HUD window.
• Save the password into the keychain. Access it with the "saved passwords" window.
• Generate passwords using the command line.
• Grab a quick password from the Watchword icon in the menu bar with all the control of the full window. (Optional)
• Fully accessible with VoiceOver.
† Diceware is a trademark of A G Reinhold. http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html
• New feature: Add some international flavor to your word-based passwords. In addition to the original English word list, Watchword now includes Spanish (UTF8 and ASCII), Catalan (UTF8 and ASCII), German, French, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish and Turkish word lists for a total of 108,617 words.
• New feature: Capitalize words in word-based passwords.
• New feature: Custom separators in word-based passwords.
• New features: Duplicate and rename password formulas.
• Change: Custom formulas can now be edited (and changes are auto-saved).
• Change: Significant update to results lists. Provides more information and clarifies actions available on each result.
• Fix: Crashes related to editing and copying formulas.
• Fix: Improved loading time of saved passwords screen.
Also check out new Watchword for iOS now available on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.