Create beautiful water color pictures from any photo - WaterLili is perfect for transforming those special memories into unique works of art!
• Convert any photo to a stunning watercolor
• Create stunning art pieces perfect for display in your home
• Built-in social sharing
• Universal App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
• From esDot, maker of PicShop for iOS!
• 16 Masks with configurable color & settings
• Saves at ultra high resolution, perfect for printing
• Use pinch-and-drag to easily size image covers
• Adjust colors, paint styles, mask size, paper strength and more
• Unique 3d "framed preview" mode
• Sample photo to get you started!
* Fixed: grey regions on save
* Improved: Effect strength on large images
* Added: Save size selection
Ratings and Reviews
After trying the basic, free, version I bought the upgrade, the only difference I see is the addition of several more covers. It is a good app for creating art/paintings from my pictures, I’ve created several I like but I’m not sure the full upgrade is worth the $2.99.
While the results are okay, the app takes up way too much storage space for such a narrow range of features. I’d also expect more watery effects—such as bloom—from something that calls itself “Waterlili.” The masks would be more useful if you could rotate as well as scale, even better if you could customize them with a brush/eraser.
I do like the elegant and logical layout of the interface.
The save/share options barely function on my iPad Air. Most of the time it crashes the app. When it doesn’t, the sharesheet often fails to appear, even with long waits. When an image does eventually make it to the camera roll, more often than not a big chunk is blotted out with a grey rectangle. High resolution isn’t worth much if I can’t save the picture in the first place. Even if save worked properly, it would be better to have a choice than be forced to a high resolution when it’s not necessary. On the plus side, even when it crashes, the app does save the last used settings (except the mask), which makes it easier to make another attempt.
Nice effects and nice interface
If you have the Waterlogue app for water colors, I highly recommend Waterlili. I find the interface gives you greater versatility, options and control. So far with a few tests of photos from gallery and taking some snapshots within the app itself, I was impressed with dynamic range of results I was able to create. The price is reasonable, and there are no in app purchases to make.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.