If you like Sailing, SUP, Kite, Windsurf, Foil, Kayaking etc, you'll love Waterspeed. Use Apple Watch alone or iPhone to track Speed, Distance, Heart, Pace and more stats
Whether you Sail, SUP, Windsurf, Kitesurf, Kayak, Foil, or any other watersport, Waterspeed turns your iPhone or Apple Watch into a performance tracking device by using your GPS. Stats and activities are shown in real-time and collected within a diary after each session, ready to be analyzed.
Designed for iOS devices, Waterspeed presents an independent app for Apple Watch, allowing you to keep your phone out of the water.
Waterspeed also includes a countdown so you can accurately track race starts and regattas.
* Designed for Sailing, Windsurf, Kite, Paddle SUP, Kayak, Powerboat, Jet Ski, Surf, Outrigging, Windfoil, Waterskiing, Wakeboard, Rowing, Kitefoil, Hydrofoil, Foil, Wing, Canoe, Dragon, Pedal, Jet Surfing, Surfski, Strapless, Tiki, Ice Sailing, Snow Kite.
* You can check the weather and tides forecast 6 days/1 hour in your spot with temperature (°C/°F) and wind speed/gust.
* You can review your performances within the single track, point by point, or with Statistics and the new Graph tool.
* Waterspeed works on iPad too, with automatic sync between devices.
More than 150,000 Sailors, Kitesurfers, Windsurfers, Paddlers, Kayakers, Wakeboarders use Waterspeed every day. Give it a try!
Everything you need for FREE:
• Real-time Speed, Heading, Trajectories, Max speed, Distance, Pace
• Full view with big numbers
• Logbook of all activities with Stats, Totals, and Graphs
• Review saved tracks point-by-point with Speed, Colours, Duration, Max speed, Speed avg, Linear Distance, and other stats
• Beaufort Wind scale
• Add Equipment to your tracks (Board, Sail, Fin, Boat, Kayak etc)
• Drop 2 marks and get statistics of a single length, cut, or export
• View speed and units in Kn, Miles, Km
• Choose your sport
• Pace calculation
• Split duration, Max speed, and Avg speed by 500m, 1KM, 1NM, 1 Mi
• Basic Backup on Apple iCloud Drive
• Health App and Activity integration and save Map/Route
• Automatic sync from Watch to iPhone
• Crown to Start, Stop and Pause (useful when the watch is wet)
• Save the number of maneuvers, wind speed, angle, comment, and mood
• Force touch menu on Apple Watch for an easy start
• Activity list on Watch
• Social sharing
Make the most with the PRO version:
• Cloud sync between iPad and iPhone
• Cloud backup
• Compare and Overlay 2 tracks
• Merge activities
• Check the weather and tides forecast 6 days/1 hour in your spot with temperature (°C/°F), wind speed, and gust
• Automatic Wind detection, saved in the track
• Countdown for Regatta on Apple Watch and iPhone/iPad with sound and vibration
• Send to iPad
• Export to GPX for Strava, Relive, Garmin, Google, GPSAR
• Export to CSV/Excel file
• Play your track and see the video of your performance
• Unlimited number of activities saved in the logbook
• Fastest Speed for 2, 5, 10, 20 seconds, 500 meters, 1 KM, and 1 NM
• Continued update and new features every month
Waterspeed FREE version saves up to 5 activities. PRO version is available with an auto-renewable subscription of a duration of 1 month, 3 months, or 1 year via in-app purchase to unlock all features. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
The subscription is valid on any Apple device sharing the same iCloud account (you just need 1 purchase for all devices).
Terms of Service:
Contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease your battery life.
Waterspeed is the best app to help you with Water Sports, and we are always improving. In this version:
- Bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased the pro version which allows you to set a count down timer for the start of a race. When I race I-20’s we use a 5 minute starting sequence. When I race windsurfers we sometimes use a 3 minute sequence. You can choose any length you like. It then starts tracking you while the time is counting down for the start while tapping you on the wrist when the start is getting close. It drops a pin on the map when you start the starting sequence and then drops a pin on the map when the flag go up “the actual start of the race” then drops a pin when you finish, which you have to press the stop buy when you finish. It lays the tracks down on a map with color indicating your speed. FYI, it shows the map stuff on my iPhone when I get back from sailing. This was all tracked with the Apple Watch 3. I can also easily send all the info to my iPad using airdrop. For me, it’s a great app for racing sail boats and windsurfing. Really easy to use. I Highly recommend it. I don’t usually leave reviews, but I felt I had to because I like this app so much. Can’t wait to try it out this winter when I go Iceboating and achieve speeds near 70 mph.
Excellent app for watersports: kayaking, rowing, supping, sailing etc.
This is a fantastic app to keep track of your performance when doing water-based sports, regardless if it is sailing, windsurfing, kitesurfing or paddle sports like kayaking, rowing or SUP’ing.
I use it mostly for kayaking and surf skiing. The app on the Apple Watch can be used stand-alone to track speed, heartrate, distance etc. The app then syncs to the iPhone app automatically when in reach again. This means that I do not have to take my phone on the water. On my iPhone and iPad I have access to the exact GPS route on a map, speed and other statistics I collected while paddling. The PRO version is also well worth it, it gives you access to detailed weather, wind and tide forecasts and provides seamless syncing with Strava (your route and stats get uploaded to Strava with the correct activity classification automatically). It works very well; the support is outstanding, with frequent app updates and feature additions.
This is a must app for anyone serious about water-based sports!
Essential for Sailers
Wow!! Do I like it and then some!! I sail on the Charles River and started to track my sailing late 2017 and found an app that did it pretty well. I record about 28 trips and then I found Waterspeed. I am instantly impressed as I ONLY need my Series 3 Apple Watch to record my sails. Previously I had to take my phone and watch to record trips. With Waterspeed I can see my trips played back with a visualization of my HR - Speed - Time - Heading. So cool! Waterspeed also uses colors to indicate your speed on a map (green, yellow, orange, red). I have 4 sails with Waterspeed and each time I’m more eager to look at the results and see where I had speed on the sail and how I performed. Awesome!! The data that is gathered is complete. Each sail tracks duration, distance, wind speed, avg speed, top speed, best speed 10 sec, best speed 20 sec, best speed 500m, best speed 1km, best speed 1nm, HR min, HR max, HR avg, calories, heading, and location. Also, I did purchase the Pro membership. BTW there is start timer too. Wow!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Massimiliano Picchi
- 180.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- 2022 © Waterspeed
- In-App Purchases
- WS Monthly subscription $2.49
- WS Yearly subscription $20.99
- WS Quarterly subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.