Waterspeed helps you to track and improve your Water Sports performances. Waterspeed is explicitly designed for iOS devices and fully optimised for the Apple Watch. Allowing you to to gain statistics such as instant speed, distance, direction, max speed, best speed, weather, wind, tides and saves the track for off-line review and stats. Waterspeed also includes a countdown so you can accurately track race starts and regattas.
* Designed for Sailing, Windsurf, Kite, Paddle SUP, Kayak, Power boat, Jet Ski, Surf, Outrigging, Windfoil, Waterskiing, Wakeboard, Rowing, Kitefoil, Hydrofoil, Foil, Wing, Canoe, Dragon, Pedal
* You can check the weather and tides forecast 6 days/1 hour in your spot with temperature (°C/°F) and wind speed/gust.
* You can review your performances within the single track, point by point, or with Statistics and the new Graph tool.
* Waterspeed works on iPad too
Thousands of Sailors, Kite surfers, Windsurfers, Paddlers, Kayakers, Wakeboarders use Waterspeed every day. Give it a try!
Everything you need for FREE:
• Real-time Speed, Heading, Trajectories, Max speed, Distance
• Full view with only numbers (speed, Heading and Duration), Pace
• Logbook of all activities with statistics and totals
• Review saved tracks: point-by-point with Speed, Colours, Heading, Duration, Max speed, Speed avg, Linear Distance and other statistics
• Drop 2 marks and get statistics of a single length, cut or export
• Merge activities
• View speed and units in Knots, Miles or Km
• Choose your sport
• Split duration, Max speed and Avg speed by 500m, 1KM, 1NM
• Health App and Activity integration with Map
• Automatic sync from Watch to iPhone
• Use the Crown to Start and Stop (useful when the watch is wet)
• On iPad: it works with the internal GPS, if available, or any external GPS natively compatible with iOS
• Alarm after 60 seconds with poor GPS signal during navigation
• Locations saved automatically
• Save the number of maneuvers, wind speed and angle, comment
• Force touch menu on Apple Watch for an easy start
• Activity list on Watch with "Re-sync" button
• Social sharing
• Open point on Maps
Make the most with the PRO version:
• Cloud sync/backup
• Check the weather and tides forecast 6 days/1 hour in your spot with temperature (°C/°F), wind speed and gust
• Automatic Wind detection, saved in the track
• Countdown for Regatta on Apple Watch and iPhone/iPad with a sound and vibration alert
• Export to iPad from iPhone
• Export to GPX file
• Export to CSV/Excel file
• Play your track and see the video of your performance
• Graphs and Stats
• Unlimited number of activities saved in the logbook
• Fastest Speed for 2, 5, 10 and 20 seconds, 500 meters, 1 KM and 1 NM
• Continued update and new features every month
Waterspeed FREE version saves up to 5 activities. PRO version is available with an auto-renewable subscription of a duration of 1 month, 3 months or 1 year via in-app purchase to unlock all features. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
The subscription is valid on any Apple device sharing the same iCloud account (you just need 1 purchase for all devices).
Terms of Service:
Contact us for any help or additional info at email@example.com.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease your battery life.
- Added Wing, Canoe, Dragon, Pedal
- Export the entire list in CSV
- Bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased the pro version which allows you to set a count down timer for the start of a race. When I race I-20’s we use a 5 minute starting sequence. When I race windsurfers we sometimes use a 3 minute sequence. You can choose any length you like. It then starts tracking you while the time is counting down for the start while tapping you on the wrist when the start is getting close. It drops a pin on the map when you start the starting sequence and then drops a pin on the map when the flag go up “the actual start of the race” then drops a pin when you finish, which you have to press the stop buy when you finish. It lays the tracks down on a map with color indicating your speed. FYI, it shows the map stuff on my iPhone when I get back from sailing. This was all tracked with the Apple Watch 3. I can also easily send all the info to my iPad using airdrop. For me, it’s a great app for racing sail boats and windsurfing. Really easy to use. I Highly recommend it. I don’t usually leave reviews, but I felt I had to because I like this app so much. Can’t wait to try it out this winter when I go Iceboating and achieve speeds near 70 mph.
Essential for Sailers
Wow!! Do I like it and then some!! I sail on the Charles River and started to track my sailing late 2017 and found an app that did it pretty well. I record about 28 trips and then I found Waterspeed. I am instantly impressed as I ONLY need my Series 3 Apple Watch to record my sails. Previously I had to take my phone and watch to record trips. With Waterspeed I can see my trips played back with a visualization of my HR - Speed - Time - Heading. So cool! Waterspeed also uses colors to indicate your speed on a map (green, yellow, orange, red). I have 4 sails with Waterspeed and each time I’m more eager to look at the results and see where I had speed on the sail and how I performed. Awesome!! The data that is gathered is complete. Each sail tracks duration, distance, wind speed, avg speed, top speed, best speed 10 sec, best speed 20 sec, best speed 500m, best speed 1km, best speed 1nm, HR min, HR max, HR avg, calories, heading, and location. Also, I did purchase the Pro membership. BTW there is start timer too. Wow!
Great app for the sailor
I really like the pro version. It’s worth every penny. I sent in a request to add a feature that enables you to select a location other than your current location to monitor for weather / wind forecasts, and I got favorable feedback. I used it today and it is the best deal I have found. I haven’t raced with it yet, but it really helps you see how changes you make affect your speed and performance. It really keeps me in tune with the current conditions and performance.
I am able to change the location where I want to monitor the wind and weather forecast, but I still don’t know how to change the default location, from my current location to a desired location. At any rate, Waterspeed is the ultimate app for the sailor! The pro upgrade is definitely worth it.
Developer Response ,
Favorite Weather location added, please update.
Please feel free to share with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massimiliano Picchi
- 204.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- 2019 © Waterspeed
- In-App Purchases
- WS Monthly subscription $1.99
- WS Yearly subscription $16.49
- WS Quarterly subscription $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.