Voted Best Motivation App by Healthline.
Invest less than a minute daily to track, identify, and change your habits with Way of Life.
Changing habits is hard work. Having the right tool is half the battle. Way of Life is that tool - a beautiful, intuitive habit tracker that motivates you to build a better, stronger, and healthier you!
As you collect more and more information, you will be able to spot positive and negative trends in your lifestyle easily:
• Am I exercising as much as I thought?
• Eating less and less fast food?
• Getting the fruits and vegetables I need?
• Sleeping well?
• Avoiding too much sugar?
Or whatever is essential to you. There are no restrictions on what Way of Life can help you with when it comes to changing habits.
• Chains - challenge yourself not to break a positive streak.
• Powerful reminders with flexible scheduling and custom messages.
• Themes - Dark Mode, Serenity, Retro C64, Light, Rose, etc.
• Charts - Pie charts and bar graphs with trend lines
• Today Widget
• Note-taking - quickly jot down a note
• Use URL-schemes for interaction with other apps
• Organize all your habits with customizable tags
• Scoreboard for instant weekly/monthly feedback
• Interactive walk-through
• Unlimited items (*)
• Backup to any Cloud storage provider that supports iOS (*)
• Export your data as CSV or Excel files for further analysis
• Passcode lock with Touch ID and Face ID support
• Color-blind mode
'Way of Life is the ultimate habit building app.' -- App Advice
Voted 'Best Motivation App of 2019' -- Healthline
Featured on the Tim Ferris podcast with Kevin Rose
Way of Life is recommended by Forbes, The New York Times, Marie Claire, HealthLine, The Guardian, Tech Cocktail, Business Insider, FastCompany, Entrepreneur, and Lifehacker.
*) requires premium
• Fixes Premium status issue.
• Fixes issue with double notifications.
• Fixes issue with notification message not being updated when a journal or tag had a name change.
• Multiple updates to all languages.
Charts have received a significant overhaul. Please enjoy:
• Customizable date ranges
• Yearly intervals in addition to weekly and monthly
• Always accessible date range slider
• Show skips in non-stacked counting mode
• Current month/week/year bar is relative to today's date
• Trend line includes current month/week/year
• Using dates instead of week numbers
• UI improvements
• Fixes crash in notes when switching between 'Latest' and 'Description.'
• Escape notes header correctly in CSV export.
• Updates to translations.
Ratings and Reviews
Old faithful / Gold Standard
I’ve possibly tried every habit app, and keep coming back to this one. I find it causes me more anxiety to deal with all the bells and whistles of the other apps than just straightforward check boxes - I did it / I didn’t / I’m skipping. For others I felt like I needed a habit app just to do all it took to record my habits!
However what makes this a gold standard is that in addition to the simple and intuitive interface, it has one of the best data outputs of any of the apps I’ve tried. Actually I think it is the best.
I also like that whenever there’s an update, it feels like the app developers are writing you a personal note to let you know what they did and why they did it :)
I know these types of apps can’t be one size fits all, but I wish more people would try this because everyone I’ve recommended it to really loves it! Ps -The only bells and whistle type of thing I kind of missed was having cute icons, but then I realized I can just add emojis at the beginning of each task which is actually way better because then I can make it much more specific compared with some the weird icon packs from other apps! PPS - the recent different theme update sealed the deal because it now looks just as cool as all the ones with too much fluff! Great work developers 👏🏻 👏🏻
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for sharing this review! 😍🙌 Wow - we really appreciate it! We are a team of 2 - and Lars is the only one making the app. Thank you again, it means a lot to us! 🙏
Better than ever!!!
Been using this app for about 3 years, and it’s now been about 2 years since I last left a review. Through steady updates, this continues to be the best habit/task tracking app out there for me. It’s simplicity, function, and charm just can’t be matched.
The most recent update involves some nifty design changes so I thought I’d update my 2 year old review. I really do love the newer update! It brings so many design elements that make the app much more beautiful and modern. Buttons, journals, and charts look so much cleaner and more modern. I also love the new themes! The dark themes are more favs, but the other ones really do bring out different moods and vibes from app.
With each update, the developer brings something new to the table, which just goes to show how hard working and dedicated the devs are — not only to the app, but to its users. This continues to be a quality app that I’ve used everyday for 3 years and I consider to be an essential for all iOS users. I hope the dev continues to bring us quality and keep up the good work! Every bit of praise and success this app gets is well deserved.
I find this app the best for habit forming. I bought several to test out which one I would like the best since forming a good habit is so critical to healthy living. This app has a notification on the app (red bubble with number of habits waiting to be completed that day). The notification is helpful to remind you as the day goes on and you can see the number go down.
I made the mistake of having 7 habits and it grew to 10. I'm down to 3 now since I was feeling defeated when I didn't accomplish all 10. Simple habits like "make your bed in the a.m." or "take vitamins" or "exercise for 10 minutes". I was sick for a few days but I checked off that I exercised and took my vitamins and wrote a note in that box that I would have exercised and taken vitamins if I wasn't puking. Or you can hit the skip button and write a note why you had to skip. If you didn't have to skip, check the "X" and use that as an oppty to get better. It's not a negative mark on you, it's an oppty to get more green check marks and improve. Keep it simple and support and encourage yourself.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Way of Life ApS
- 19 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Way of Life ApS
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $4.99
- Premium $6.99
- Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.