Welcome to the Official Internet Archive Wayback Machine Browser Extension! Go back in time to see how a website has changed through the history of the Web. Save websites, view missing 404 Not Found pages, or read archived books & papers.
Most features will work without requiring an account including Save Page Now.
Some features must be enabled from Settings. Turn on Private Mode to prevent automatic sending of data and to protect your privacy while browsing.
• Save Page Now - Instantly save the page you are currently viewing in the Wayback Machine. Turn on Auto Save Page in settings to save pages that have not previously been saved. Works while logged out, or log in for additional options.
• Oldest, Newest & Overview - View the first version of a page or the most recently saved in the Wayback Machine. Or view a calendar overview of all archived pages. Can also use by right-clicking over a page or link.
• Wayback Machine Count - Display a count of snapshots of the current page stored in the Wayback Machine over the toolbar icon, and the date of last save in the popup.
• 404 Not Found - When an error occurs, automatically check if an archived copy is available. Checks against 4xx & 5xx HTTP error codes.
• Contextual Notices - Check for contextual information from fact checking organizations and origin websites.
• Relevant Resources - View research papers and books while visiting Wikipedia, archived digitized books while visiting Amazon Books, and recommended TV News Clips while visiting news websites.
• URLs & Collections - Show a list of URLs captured under the current website, and what collections they are saved under.
• Site Map & Word Cloud - Present a sunburst diagram for the domain you are currently viewing, or create a Word Cloud from the link's anchor text of the page you are on.
• Annotations - Provide a list of annotations for the current web page and domain, provided by Hypothes.is.
• My Web Archive - Save URLs to your public archive page on the Internet Archive.
• Tweets & Share Links - Search Twitter for information regarding your current page, or share archived links on social media.
For support, please email email@example.com
New version of context API integration
False 404 Popup bug fix
Updating all the outdated dependancies
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful but nasty noisy UI
Helpful for adding a page to the Wayback Machine archive. But the UI is extremely noisy and confusing.
UX / UI Imporvements
1. The toolbar icon should be grey, matching all the other icons. i don’t need the visual distration.
2. The dialog that appears when the toolbar icon is clicked is extremely confusing. Too many features packed in without room to explain what they do.
This is a good extension that is ruined by pop-ups. I don't know why the developer felt we needed more pop-ups in our life. I installed it, so it's not like I am going to forget it's there. But there it is interrupting my work by popping up a box asking if I want to see an archived history of the page. Boo to that. I turned it off.
This Safari extension is incredibly useful, and honestly makes browsing the web pretty fun. You could probably imagine it allows you to quickly view older snapshots of websites, but one of the features I really love is being able to quickly archive any website. There's a little red number above the icon that will tell you how many times the site has been archived, and if you click it, it'll tell you the last time it was archived. I love this feature, because now whenever I find a website that either isn't archived at all or hasn't been in a long time, I just archive it! Makes me feel a little more accomplished even if all I'm doing is using the Internet like a lazy bum. I personally haven't experienced any of the issues the other reviewers are mentioning - maybe they've been patched, or maybe I'm just lucky. All in all, this extension is useful and fun, so I reccomend it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Browsing History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Internet Archive
- 2.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017-2022 Internet Archive