Take the WBAL-TV 11 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Baltimore and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WBAL-TV 11 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Baltimore breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WBAL-TV 11 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to share stories via email or to your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Baltimore weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Baltimore weather alerts and updates, 11 Insta-Weather PLUS videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, performance improvements and iOS 13 support.
Ratings and Reviews
Ease up on the push notifications
I like getting news stories and things as notifications, so I can just look at the banner to see if I’m interested. I do that for several news apps. I dislike that this is the only news app that then leaves the little ‘1’ next to the app. The only way to get rid of it is to go into the app and find the specific story, then open it. This happens once or twice a day too and is quite annoying.
Others may not be as annoyed by it though.
Another thing that would help is some kind of filter by topic. The search function is usually decent at this, but it’s not as great at letting you browse a topic. This is just a potential improvement though.
I really like the app and I use it just about every day. There are two things that I don’t like. The first is that some stories stay on the app for days or even months and the space could be used for other stories. The second issue is that often times you read a headline and open the story and it has nothing to do with the headline. You really want to read the story that the headline was leading up to but the story that you open has nothing to do with it. A big let down.
Begging for readers
WBAL is probably my favorite news station, but this constant notification asking me to open the app to continue seeing updates is just ridiculous. If I have my notifications turned on AND I go through YOUR app and customize them like you ask us to do, why do I NEED to open the app every so often in order to keep receiving updates? No other app does this and it's highly annoying. I don't need, want or have the time to read every update you push through. Most times the update headline is enough to peak my interest or not and let me know what's happening. I should never STOP receiving notifications unless I turn them off! Please fix this highly annoying issue.
- Hearst Television
- 91.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WBAL-TV.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.