Let the WCAG Accessibility Checklist app help you bake accessibility directly into digital design. Optimize websites, meet important legal standards, and do it all with a streamlined, easy-to-understand, first-in-class tool.
The WCAG Accessibility Checklist app is a powerful accessibility checker and reporting tool, offering a clear To Do list that delivers reminders and checklists to help you achieve the three tiers of accessibility compliance — Levels A, AA, and AAA.
An accessible digital experience allows all people — regardless of ability — to utilize and benefit from sites, apps, and products. This app helps product owners, developers, and designers learn, understand, and take action toward building a better web for those with and without disabilities.
Part checker, part To Do list loaded with as-you-go reminders, the WCAG Accessibility Checklist app acts like a quickfinder that clarifies guidelines and steers you step by step through accessibility best-practices.
Great accessibility isn’t a thing you do, it’s a side-effect of thoughtful design. Together, let’s make the web more accessible to all.
(The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, or WCAG [pronounced “WOO-kag”] are backed and vetted by the World Wide Web Consortium [W3C], an international collective that develops open web standards for long-term usability.)
• Simple checklists that detail three levels of accessibility compliance (Levels A, AA, and AAA)
• Clear guardrails that align with WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
• In-app Tips and What to Do lists
• In-app links explain each WCAG 2.0 guideline in detail
• Easy-to-understand dashboards keep track of your progress
• Optimization actions automatically map to P.O.U.R, WCAG’s four principles of accessibility:
• Identify accessibility issues and notify team members
• Email checklist results to a customized recipient list
• Manually test digital product accessibility against WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
• Start optimizing immediately: no sign-up, sign-in, account, or authentication required
This project is based on the wonderful web accessibility content found at www.wuhcag.com and written by Luke McGrath in combination with the work from the W3C's WCAG 2.0 Guidelines.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Director of Innovation
This is a first-in-class tool. The Checklist is based on WCAG protocols. It makes it easy for designers and coders to understand the issues and design-factors of accessibility. Simultaneously, the app runs effective diagnostics that allow my team to assess our current build, and its compliance level. This is really well done. The fact that it's free is also incredible, as a great deal of thought and design obviously went into it. Nice work!
Helps to better understand the accessibility of my website and others that I am involved with, also very useful for development
If you want to understand web accessibility guidelines this tool was very helpful. Easy to use! A great tool for any web developer or designer!!
The developer, Emerge Interactive, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Emerge Interactive
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Emerge Interactive