The WCAX Mobile Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Each update just makes it worse.
The last two updates included a terrible new layout and now this dark garbage map. I used the map control to go to the 'light' version but the underlying map is just inferior to the previous map supplier.
This may force me to go back to Yahoo weather - SAD!
Updated and Worse
Just updated today after days of annoying alerts to the new update. They've deleted Canada, including Newfoundland, and cities such as Marathon, NV. So, two of my 12 locations are now unavailable. I'm sure others will find more. Even worse, while I can continue to use the older, better version, I have to see 'there's an update' BS alert every time I open it up. Avoid the 'improved' crappy update at all costs.
It's so typical that So many Apps become worse with each new iteration.
Prior app worked much better
The bug keeping it from switching from portrait to landscape mode when you turn your device is BACK with the new update. What gives, you programmers? This is an EASY fix!
The new update is terrible overall. The list of faults is long:
The radar image cannot go full screen.
Distracting background photo image.
Slow to load.
Initial radar image too small.
Not intuitive in changing modes/display.
Have to click too many times to get the display one wants.
Commercial ad too large.
App title serves no purpose and occupies too much of the screen.
The original app from 2+ years ago is vastly superior.
If you want a quick radar lookup and better functionality, try MyRadar. I’ve given up on this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.