WCPE The Classical Station App:
The WCPE public radio App allows you to listen to WCPE, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for the WCPE stream all at once! You can even wake up to WCPE with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WCPE even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing.
• Integrated program schedules for the WCPE stream!
• Listen to WCPE in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and WCPE) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WCPE Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WCPE Classical Station App is brought to you by the people at WCPE and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WCPE Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Improvements based on user feedback
Ratings and Reviews
I Grew Up 2 Miles From WCPE
We lived so close to the tower that the speaker wires would pick up the signal, and you could hear it faintly with the volume turned all the way up but no input.
It was always a joy to tune my radio in to listen to WCPE when I lived in Wake Forest, and now that I no longer live in the area, I don’t need to go without it. It’s wonderful that this app has brought us the great classical music we know and love, and in my case grew up with, and for free.
Now I can listen to Dvorak from my hometown radio station whenever I want.
Simply the best...
Growing up in North Carolina, it wasn’t until I moved out of state that I realized what a fantastic station WCPE is. Wherever I lived, none of the local stations could compete. They either had too much news or non-classical programming or oddly avoided many of the great composers. How fortunate that this fantastic app makes WCPE available anywhere. It’s stable and effective and I’m thrilled that it’s available!
I found it a little confusing when I first started using the app (and even now after using it many months) finding where to start playing the stream, as it is not prominently placed, I mean that is what you use the app for playing the music right?!? The play button just blends in with it's gray color with the rest of the site. Why isn’t the play button on the top of the page and in a contrasting color. I am afraid I have little interest in the rest of the web contents, so 95% of the page is a waste of screen space for me.
Other than that WCPE is GREAT!
- Educational Information Corporation
- 59.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.