Turn your smartphone into a touch-screen remote for your WD TV® Live Hub™, WD TV Live™ or WD TV Play™ media player.
Control your WD TV experience with the tap of a soft key or the swipe of a finger using the WD TV Remote™ app. Simply launch the app on your iOS™ device and instantly take control of any WD TV Live Hub, WD TV Live or WD TV Play that is connected on the same network.
• Control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network
• Get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV
• Enter text using your iPhone® or iPad® keyboard
• Use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation
• Enjoy multiplayer games with friends and family using multiple iOS devices connected to your wireless network
• iPhone, iPod touch®, or iPad running iOS 6.0 or higher
• WD TV Live Hub media center, WD TV Live or WD TV Play media player
• WD TV Live Plus with v.1.06.42 or higher firmware
• WD TV Live HD Media Player with v1.06.43 or higher firmware
• Wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network (Your media player may be connected to your network via Ethernet port or wirelessly)
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WesternDigital
Follow us on Twitter: @WesternDigital
- Bug Fixes
- Classic Remote Option
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't always connect
This is an awesome solution for our broken remote. However, it fails us most of the time since it doesn't always connect whenever we want it to. We always have to try it on different phones and hope that at least one would succeed.. Please do fix this issue as it will make the app perfect! :)
YES! For Gesture feature!!
All the naysayers about the gesture feature...why bother having a remote on your phone? The gesture feature works well & the ability to now switch BETWEEN the old fashioned button mode & the gesture mode is great & should appease you.
I manually had to go through and Get Content Info for a few of my movies...& that brings me to the keyboard feature. It's awesome.
Please fix the typing issue. Any special characters or spaces results in "20%" between the words. While it seems to still search & find the videos just fine, it is still a frustrating bug.
All in all a great app considering how it started.
I will say that the volume is a bit twitchy. If I turn it all the way down the sound is off. Anywhere in between it seems to stay the same.
Doesn't really bother me, but you guys should look into it just the same.
You should add the ability to swipe through your selections on your phone, rather than having to be watching the tv & selecting it that way. I'd like to be able to select a film for my child without having to view the tv. Almost like mirroring the image from your tv to the smartphone. I'd be happy with this. No video playback needed. Make it happen and this app would be beyond measure!
Previous version please
The gesture sensitive box made much more sense to me. Why have 5 individual buttons when you have a box that can do it all? Please make it so we can switch between the two remotes or something because this defeats the purpose of a remote on your phone. I feel like I'm using a difficult version of the regular remote because I can't feel the buttons. Now instead of swiping or tapping a large box that knows what I want it to do, I have to look at my phone and make sure my thumb is still where I want it to be.
- Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- 16 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.