Local news and music from Detroit go wherever you go in the new WDET mobile app. Listen live or stream on demand, whenever you want.
• Listen live using a stream that adapts to your signal, making it clearer and more reliable
• Navigate between ALPHA, our 24-7 stream of electronic music and progressive soul, and Wayne State University college radio
LISTEN ON DEMAND
• Stream and read daily local news rundowns
• Playback music shows and access recent playlist
• Launch the latest segments from WDET’s Detroit Today, Redline & Culture City
• A one-stop shop to listen to your favorite podcasts
• Share your recorded responses and #SceneFromDetroit images using “Upload & Share”
• Get the scoop on what events are happening in Detroit
• Join the conversation about local news topics on Twitter and Facebook under “Stay Connected”
Brought to you by Detroit’s public radio station, WDET 101.9 FM Detroit. The new WDET mobile app is made possible by the supporters of WDET’s Tech Upgrade. For more information visit wdet.org.
Updates for optimization with the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a start...
I have several NPR member station apps on my phone and this is the only one that doesn’t tell me what I’m listening to (show/host info and/or song title and artist info, for example) in real time. If this feature is available, how to utilize it is not immediately apparent. Other than that, it looks good so far. I reserve the right to update this 3-star rating as the app evolves.
Great programming, needs improvement.
UPDATE to review below: On Demand completely unavailable on iPhone 4. ORIGINAL REVIEW:
The app is pretty unstable (frequent crashing) and it seems to hog system resources leading to other app crashes.
When iPhone is in use as a phone, app sometimes continues playing or stops altogether. When listening to On Demand, any stoppage requires going through the menu again and starting selection from the beginning. There is also no way to fast forward On Demand program, but you can rewind. (Is this in the design or a flaw?).
If you do nothing else but listen to the app - flawless, but we all know this is far from how smartphones are used.
It is a shame that these flaws exist when the programming is so good!
There have been some bugs in the past but the developer and the station have been responsive and gotten them fixed. I love that I can take my WDET with me in more places and stream it live. Thank you WDET & fellow supporters!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wayne State University
- 27.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- ©2013 WDET 101.9 and Wayne State University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.