Take the WDSU News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in New Orleans and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WDSU News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- New Orleans breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WDSU News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to share stories via email or to your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly New Orleans weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- New Orleans weather alerts and updates, Exact Weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am a news junkie and I want to know it all AS IT HAPPENS! WDSU is right on the ball.
Also I am big into the weather hour by hour as I was a “Weather Watcher” for 12 yrs all volunteer, 365 days of the year. We had snow 6 mos out of the year and that is NOT easy to measure - blowing snow. Also at that time I did not have a thermometer that automatically recorded the low or the high of that day; therefore, I had to get up all night long to check the temps in our frozen tundra area to get the low for that night. And to think this was all volunteer.
Now I am still a person who watches the weather, winds, dew points and esp humidity all throughout the day. I am right on top of things weather-wise as that is how I plan my day, according to the weather. Margaret is great!!
Regarding the news, I need to know what is happening where, as well as when did it happen or when will it happen. And then I forward the info on to others from there. I’m most often the first to know about it, and then I share it around to appropriate people to make them aware.
So WDSU, just keep it coming. Also I love the repeat versions available on my cell. THAT IS A MUST! I rarely am available to watch it at its normal air time. I have to be able to see it at a later time.
By the way, I don’t have a tv at all, so I watch all your shows numerous times DAILY on my iPhone.
Stop the Harassment!!!
Is this app supposed to be used when “I” want too or when WDSU wants me too? This is the only app I have seen that STOPS sending you the news that you requested if you don’t open it enough. WOW!!! Whomever is in charge should realize that this app isn’t the only source of news for WDSU. Am I going to start getting alerts on my tv that I haven’t watched the channel enough? This definitely needs to be corrected. No one has time to open your alerts all day to make you or your quotas our priority. Thank God you guys aren’t the standard.
Video ads immediately when you click on new report -even when you send a news report notification. I will stop looking at your news and delete the app of it continues. Ads are fine but not when I can’t choose to not watch when I want to see what the report is. I will use other news outlets as Your news is not all that breaking when I get the same notification from others.
- Hearst Television
- 78.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, New Orleans Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WDSU-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.