Weather Alert Map is the only app you need for the latest severe weather information. Check LIVE storm track, future path and get critical weather alerts for your location in easy and intuitive way - directly on the map.
App offers High-resolution, predictive (future) weather radar, Satellite images of national and local cloud cover, current weather conditions, ten-day weather forecast, sea surface temperature, tide predictions, air quality and earthquakes via In-App purchase. Stay ahead of severe weather wherever you are with the Weather Alert Map application!
Over the last few months, the weather is one of the hottest topics due to Hurricane Harvey, but lets face it, the weather is always a major focal point with everyday life. There isn’t a day that goes by where someone doesn’t ask me if it’s going to rain or snow. With Alert Map, you will always have that information in your pocket because it shows the latest alerts, weather, radar and even earthquakes.
With Alert Map you will see all watches, warnings, and advisories issued by the National Weather Service. They cover just about anything you can think of including, air quality, avalanches, blizzards, floods, earthquakes, high winds, hurricanes, thunderstorms and so much more.
You will see these warnings color coded in the affected areas on the map. If you tap on it, you will get a summarized version of the advisory or warning, and you can tap it for more detailed information.
Key Features (Free):
• Complete, vector-based;
• Advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
Displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way.
• Past, current and future weather radar images.
• High resolution radar. Stunning and sharp images.
• Full, animated radar from the NWS for the entire U.S.
Satellite images provide an excellent view on the clouds in the sky and an indication of the weather over the North American continent, Europe, Japan, Indonesia and Australia.
• Satellite data comes from GOES 13, GOES 15, METEOSAT and MTSAT satellites
Sea surface temperature (IAP):
Provides useful information for Fisherman, Divers, Surfers, Sailors, Lifeguards, boaters, and anyone that needs to know the water temperatures near them.
• Provides sea surface temperature based on buoys and satellite maps
• Provides zoom and pan functionality
Tide prediction (IAP):
• Times and Heights for high and low tides for thousands of ports, harbors and popular coastal locations around the world.
Air Quality (IAP):
The Air Quality Index (AQI) is a forecast, updated hourly, of what the 24 hour average AQI will be for the current day.
• Provides air quality data for the U.S, includes levels for fine particles, ozone and etc.
Allows you to easily pan and zoom so you can get unmatched detail of weather in your neighborhood or half a world away.
• Provides current weather conditions and a weather forecast up to 10 days ahead for cities all over the world.
• Current weather conditions and temperatures on top of the interactive maps
• Long-term 10-day weather forecast
Provides near realtime updates of the latest earthquakes across U.S., Worldwide.
• Generates a real-time map of earthquakes that have occurred over the past day in the world. The map includes the the strength of any earthquake with a magnitude over 1.0.
• Uses data from multiple agencies worldwide, including the USGS, and the EMSC.
Added support for newer iOS including iOS 11 and higher.
All new design.
Better coverage. All weather warnings for European countries.
Faster map load times.
Landscape support for iPhone.
Animated weather forecast maps (24 hours and 10 days).
Wind maps, Wind forecast maps.
New Tide prediction layer (over 16000 locations worldwide)
New Air Quality layer (Full U.S. coverage, some European locations)
Better controls for Satellite animations
Numerous improvements "under the hood".
Ratings and Reviews
🌈My ☔Favorite ⚡Weather ⛅App☀
To quickly and easily see what is currently happening anywhere in the country this is the best app. Graphically shows info where NWS severe alerts are in effect. After using many others for 18 months this SINGLE APP is my most used and my favorite mobile weather app. very easy to use. I added radar but use its not really needed because of the colored advisory graphing. thank you much and I commend you on a WELL done job. I suggest that a map for ⚡lightning⚡strikes is soon added. Please don't make this app require above iOS 6. 🌈
Thank you for this App!
I relied on this for the satellite and the radar coverage so I can predict the conditions at the time I should use my telescope, I don’t use it very often but the last two times when I did I lost my in-App purchase of the satellite and radar feature which is indispensable to me. The first time Apple lock my purchases so I couldn’t get a refund in the future, the second time I just purchased it and the store knew that I did and gave it to me free of charge, thanks for that.
I am very pleased with the app. I have Carrot and others but I do not have the premium versions due to the price. It is delightful to see a company that is not so greedy with their data.
The app is pleasant to use and easy to see for us low vision folks. Very well designed logo, too.
We have not yet had severe enough weather in this part of Ohio to test out all the ^ bells and whistles^!!! Not sure we really want to go THAT far.
Thanks for the app and I truly do enjoy having it available.
- Elecont LLC
- 31.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2017 Elecont LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Radar: Hi-Def doppler weather radar (U.S.) $0.99
- Special offer: Weather, Radar, Satellite, Sea surface temps, Earthquakes $1.99
- Weather Map: current weather and 10-day forecast (Worldwide) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.